733

Who Would Covet That Sort of Mother

Following this shout, there were some people that were very quick to move out of the way. Huang Quan was angry and wanted to argue; however, she was stopped by Feng Yu Heng. Pulling the two maidservants to the side, she gave way and motioned for the two not to attract any attention.

Wang Chuan understood her intention and quietly told Huang Quan: “Let’s watch the liveliness for a while first.”

Huang Quan managed to react, but her thoughts were not quite the same as Feng Yu Heng and Wang Chuan’s. She said: “Oh, Young Miss Feng, to be able to come to this embroidery shop, it must be the third young miss, or maybe it’s Feng Fen Dai.” After thinking about: “So arrogant, it must be Feng Fen Dai.” As she spoke, she looked up but was extremely shocked, as she nearly let out a cry. Only when that group entered the embroidery shop that Wang Chuan stopped covering her mouth. Only then did Huang Quan ask in confusion: “Isn’t that Fu Ya? How did she become Young Miss Feng?”

Wang Chuan reminded her: “Have you forgotten that she has been referred to as young miss in that courtyard?”

“Even then, she should be called Young Miss Yao!” Of course, Huang Quan knew about this matter, but she always believed that was something reserved for inside that courtyard, and Fu Ya would not dare do it outside. It was just a pity that she had forgotten that even if Fu Ya did not dare, Yao shi did. Moreover, with Yao shi’s instigation, even Fu Ya now dared to.

Seeing that Fu Ya was politely invited into the embroidery shop, a couple of attendants were left at the door. The two stood with their noses pointing toward the sky and would occasionally shout: “Stay further away. Don’t watch on. If you disturb Young Miss Feng in choosing her things, it would not be good for you.”

In truth, how could there be many onlookers? Aside from a few people that were passing by that wanted to see what was happening, the others did not even look in that direction. This was the Feng family’s shop, and the Feng family had a few young misses. Everyone acted as if it was Feng Fen Dai or someone that had come, and they did not even think much of it. How could someone noble be seen so easily by the common citizen. Even in the capital, where Feng Fen Dai strolled the streets, they did not dare to look at her a little more. They could not even differentiate between who was who, and what they looked like.

Just like this, Fu Ya spent quite a bit of time in the shop. During this time, the servants that she had brought with her would exit the shop with a pile of things in their hands. It seemed that Fu Ya bought quite a bit of stuff. Huang Quan was puzzled, “Is Concubine Mother An’s shop having a clearance sale? It is it buy one get one free? Fu Ya bought so many things but won’t bring in any money, right? Where did she get money? Madam Yao has lost her position as first-rank noble lady. Wasn’t it said that they’re living very poorly?”

Feng Yu Heng shook her head, “Since the Yao family is using my actions toward Yao shi as a reason to become hostile with me, this play will need to be acted out in full. Although Yao shi is a daughter that has married, in a situation where it’s inconvenient for her to move back into the manor, the Yao family cannot treat the other courtyard too poorly. For the same of expression that they stand on Yao shi’s side, my three uncles and aunties and even my grandfather have gone to that courtyard. Each person presented a large amount of wealth to comfort her. At the same time, the Yao manor sends an allowance that is no less than what is provided to her as a first-rank noble lady. That’s why Fu Ya has money.”

Wang Chuan smiled and said, “That’s also good. The money was taken from the Yao family then spent at the third young miss’ place. It can’t be considered a waste. Young miss, do you want to go in and meet with her?”