685

This World’s Grand Plan

Feng Yu Heng already knew the Emperor’s plans for handing over the throne. He was only thinking of Xuan Tian Ming. But at the same time, she also knew that once that day came, someone would make use of imperial Concubine Yun to cause trouble, believing that the handing over of this position to be unjust.

Although the princes in the capital got along reasonably well with Xuan Tian Ming, there were some things that needed to not be said. As long as it was said once, it would be inevitable that more people would think about it. Once more people thought this, regardless of what Xuan Tian Ming relied upon to ascend the throne, it could not rid itself of Imperial Concubine Yun’s influence.

She faintly sighed and patted the white tiger in her embrace then said: “Since you could come and tell me about these things, you should have a way of dealing with it, right?”

Xuan Tian Ming nodded, “There is a method, but it’s the dumbest and most direct method.”

“Rely on military merits?”

“Right.” He spoke seriously: “Da Shun has been handed down for many centuries, and its legal system will not be changed so easily. If the later generations want to stand out, the only option is military merit. Just based on my current military merits, it’s clear that it’s not enough. To silence the critics, I can only continue to obtain accolades that will silence them. Presently, the four countries are unstable. Even Gu Mo to the West has seen some instability caused by internal strife. In the next few years, it’s inevitable that there will be conflicts on the borders. This will also be a chance.” He looked toward Feng Yu Heng and said a little helplessly: “In truth, I do not desire the throne. In the past, I always thought that eldest brother would be most suited to that position. He does not have my strength, but he is not lacking in might and valor. He is not as modest as seventh brother, but his many years of doing business have allowed him to become the best at communicating with outsiders. Also, with his talent for accumulating wealth, if Da Shun ended up belonging to him, the national treasury being filled would be something that could happen soon.”

Feng Yu Heng thought for a bit then said: “This is how an emperor would preserve peace. If it’s as you said, and the four countries are unstable, I don’t believe that he has the power to calm the world.”

Xuan Tian Ming smiled wryly and reached out to pat her head, “Silly girl, going onto the battlefield to kill enemies is something left to the princes and generals. Not to mention him, even if it’s me, once I ascend that throne, it would be impossible for me to personally sortie to the battlefield. There will be generals to advise me and political officials to take care of the country. It’s just…”

“Just what?”

“It’s just a pity that eldest brother did not have any children for half of a lifetime, which made father Emperor give up on the idea. Now, he has children, but he is decades older than us. For children to have been delayed for so long, it’s truly a difficult matter to get over for the ruler of a country.”

Feng Yu Heng heard this and felt uncomfortable: “Xuan Tian Ming, we have already discussed this. In the future, even if you ascend the throne, if you dare to take in any concubines, I will set your imperial palace on fire and leave. I guarantee that you won’t be able to find me.”

Xuan Tian Ming angrily poked her head with his finger, “Why did you bring this up. The matters that this prince promised you will definitely be done. There’s no need for you to worry. As for the matter I’m talking about, father Emperor is entirely set on handing down the throne to me. I can no longer avoid it. I can only grit my teeth and accept it, and this acceptance will need to be very natural. I was thinking that I fear the next few years will be a bit more difficult for us.”