628

Pressure of a Palace Princess

Throughout the entirety of Da Shun, the only one that could use this sort of tone to directly call out Feng Yu Heng’s name, especially among the girls, there was only one.

Feng Yu Heng facepalmed and asked Huang Quan: “Wasn’t it said that palace princess Wu Yang was in the imperial palace accompanying her Highness the Empress?”

Huang Quan was also confused, “That is how it was said. When was she let out?”

Just as they were talking about it, Xuan Tian Ge had already entered the room. After looking at the lively group sitting around the table, she became unhappy once more, “A-Heng, oh A-Heng, you left for just under a year, and I worried about you every day while hoping that you could return just a little bit sooner. I would burn incense every day to pray for your safety. As a result, after you came back, not only did you not come to play with me, but you also didn’t invite me to this reunion dinner. This is truly too heartbreaking.”

Although this was what she said, she was not at all reserved with bringing a chair over to sit at Feng Yu Heng’s side, pushing Prince Lian off to the side.

Feng Yu Heng quickly ordered the servants to bring more utensils then asked Xuan Tian Ge: “I had wanted to call you, but after I heard that the Empress’ situation was urgent, I did not go.”

Xuan Tian Ge nodded, “I did go and sit for a while. I returned in the afternoon.” When she spoke, she noticed that Prince Lian’s chair had moved a bit closer, thus she frankly used her arm to push back: “Sit a little further away.”

In a moment of carelessness, Prince Lian nearly fell over from being pushed. Xuan Tian Ge, however, did not pay him any heed. After looking around the table, her gaze landed on Xiang Rong. With a smile, she leaned closer over Feng Yu Heng and suddenly tapped Xiang Rong’s shoulder, “Xiang Rong! This palace princess has missed you greatly!”

Xiang Rong fell under the table from being slapped on the shoulder.

An shi was given a fright and helped her up. She then heard Xiang Rong ask Xuan Tian Ge with a bitter expression: “Why does it seem like palace princess is getting stronger and stronger?”

Xuan Tian Ge smiled and told them: “Second brother brought in a martial art’s instructor for Fei Yu, and I went to learn with him.”

Feng Yu Heng nodded, “This was a good idea. Having more skills will not slow your body down, especially something like martial arts. This is something that should be learned for the worst-case scenario.”

Xuan Tian Ge said in agreement: “I was also thinking this way. No matter what is said, people with our status have no shortage of people plotting against us. We can’t just foolishly wait for our hidden guards to save us. Moreover, if the future husband isn’t obedient, this grandaunty can leave him half-dead with a flick of my wrist.”

Once this was said, Prince Lian smirked from hearing this, “Everyone says that the women of the North are bold. It seems that all of those ideas were incorrect!”

Feng Yu Heng, however, laughed at Xuan Tian Ge: “What is it, you don’t want to marry? Have you taken an interest in someone?”

Xuan Tian Ge’s personality made it so that she was not at all afraid of this topic. She immediately expressed her feelings, “My ass!” Fu Ya had just brought a piece of meat to her mouth but was unable to bring herself to eat it. After hesitating for a while, she simply put it back down in her plate, as she heard Xuan Tian Ge continue: “A-Heng, I just fear that I won’t be as lucky as you. As a whole, Da Shun’s imperial family only has me as a daughter. All of my elder brothers got married late and had children late. Only eldest brother and second brother have children. As a result, they were all boys. Say, if there is ever a need for something like a political marriage, could it be that I will need to be brought out without being able to play my cards?”