769

Return Life to “Him”

Noble Lady Yuan left with a smile on her face. Ever since she had been demoted to the position of Noble Lady, this was the first time that she had smiled so pleasantly.

Yue Xiu walked at Noble Lady Yuan’s side and quietly asked: “Master, will Her Highness the Empress really help us?” She was a bit worried. The Empress just had a very angry appearance, and she did not know what her master had done to anger the Empress. Although the Empress ended up agreeing, it was done unwillingly and reluctantly. No matter what, it looked unsettling.

Noble Lady Yuan heard her question and coldly snorted. She then said with a tone that was full of readiness: “She will. How can she not help. As long as I have that handle, no matter how angry she is, she will help.”

In the end, Yue Xiu did not know what this handle was, but she did not dare ask because anything that Noble Lady Yuan wanted to tell her about, she would take the initiative to speak about. That this sort of thing was not told to her meant that Noble Lady Yuan did not wish to reveal it. It was related to the Empress, thus Yue Xiu thought that it would be better to not know. But in the end, she was still a bit worried, “Will the Empress…”

“Kill us to silence us?” Noble Lady Yuan giggled, “She doesn’t dare because she doesn’t know how many people I’ve told; however, she’s also very clear that it was Mo’er that told this One. It’s easy for her to kill me, but she will suffer from retaliation from Mo’er. She has not prepared herself to fight to the death.”

Noble Lady Yuan left feeling very pleased with herself. Inside Jing Ci Palace, the Empress’ anger had not dissipated, as her hands were still clenched. Fang Yi had someone come in to clean up the shattered bowl and bird nest. She then closed the door and turned to quietly ask the Empress: “What she is speaking of, is it really that matter?”

The Empress’ fists were clenched tightly, and her voice had changed when she spoke, “Aside from that matter, what else would allow her to feel so secure and come in here to threaten this One?”

“But how did Noble Lady Yuan find out?” Fang Yi was completely puzzled, “How could that matter have spread? Inside the palace, aside from Your Highness and this servant, even the Cheng family’s young misses don’t know about it?” Just as she said this, she suddenly stopped the dropped to her knees in front of the Empress, “Your Highness, it was not this servant that spread it. This servant swears on her life that I have never said it to anyone. Your Highness must believe this servant!”

The Empress looked at Fang Yi and was stunned then quickly said: “What are you doing? Quickly get up. No matter whom this One suspects, it would not be you! Get up!” She gently raised her hand and slightly helped Fang Yi up. When Fang Yi stood up, she continued: “This matter is said to be a secret, but in truth, there isn’t a single wall that doesn’t leak. This One’s family is also not a snug fit. As long as there is someone that wishes to know, there is nothing that can’t be found out.”

Fang Yi calmed down and thought carefully but still furrowed her brow: “If it really was leaked from that side, this matter would not be easy to handle. If it’s just Noble Lady Yuan, it’s fine, but if it gets spread to someone else’s ears, the palace will not be peaceful!”

“Hmph!” The Empress snorted coldly, “When has this palace ever been peaceful. Noble Lady Yuan finding out must have been from the eighth prince. Now that they have this information, them coming to threaten us once has reminded this One. If they will do it once, there will be a second and third time. Who knows what they will come to ask for in the future.”

“Then imperial concubine should simply not help them. Just Noble Lady Yuan, we don’t even care about her.” Fang Yi’s expression revealed some hatred. It was clear that she already intended to refuse.