611

Hollow Out Qian Zhou

Reality proved that Feng Yu Heng had overestimated Prince Lian as the evildoer. This guy’s voice really was not that loud. It really was not capable of shaking this large hall. The reason that the hall seemed to be shaking earlier was that: “Your Highness, there was a collapse of heaven!”

Qian Zhou viewed the snows as the heavens, thus a collapse of heaven was an avalanche. At the same time, it was accompanied by an earthquake.

This avalanche was centered in Qian Zhou and spread all around. Every part of the nation began to tremble. Even the cities furthest South, Bin City and Luo City, were not spared.

For three full days, Luo City continued to shake. Fortunately, the distance was quite far. Aside from some shaking, it did not cause any other distractions. The citizens’ hearts were fluttering with fear, and they gathered every day in one location. They would then discuss this avalanche.

Ever since making the decision to make a clear distinction between himself and Qian Zhou, Prince Lian truly stopped viewing himself as someone from Qian Zhou. He stayed in the imperial residence all day long, eating and drinking when he wanted. He also sang and listened to songs when he wanted. Not only did he act arrogantly, he even gave an order to the city lord of Luo City to not interfere in any of Qian Zhou’s matters. The city’s gates would be closed tightly, and not a single refugee would be accepted.

Feng Yu Heng respected his desire to act wholeheartedly like a citizen of Da Shun, but the waves of refugees that came to the gates caused her to feel a little troubled.

She discussed with Xuan Tian Ming: “Should we think about a strategy to handle the refugees?”

Bai Ze said with a smile: “Master just thought of a good idea. Princess, do you want to hear it?”

Feng Yu Heng raised an eyebrow, “I want to hear the details.”

Xuan Tian Ming spread a scroll in his hands and pushed it over to her: “Luo City and Bin City already belong to Da Shun. Even if the city lord is the equivalent of a prefect, Qian Zhou’s residential register will become Da Shun’s residential register. If the refugees outside the city wish to enter, they can. Either way, we have so many soldiers set up here. Just free up some tents for the refugees to live in is not impossible. The people can also continue to disperse further South toward Bin City, Jiang Zhou, Song Zhou and Guan Zhou. If that’s still not enough, we can open up the central region to the public for the refugees. There is only one requirement. When entering the city, they would be naturalizing as citizens of Da Shun. Once they set foot in Luo City, they are no longer citizens of Qian Zhou. From this day forward, they would be citizens fo Da Shun. The prosperity of Qian Zhou will be completely unrelated to them.”

Feng Yu Heng’s eyes lit up. While fiddling with her fingers, she began to count, “The avalanche occurred with the capital at its center. That is to say that it started from the liveliest part of Qian Zhou. The more people there are, the worse the disaster, especially if the capital fell into disarray. The people would immediately lose their pillar of support. That would be why the first thought in the minds of those that had survived would be to escape. In order to survive, they first had to escape from the capital and get as far away from the epicenter as possible. Of the four cardinal directions, South was naturally the most reliable choice because the wind and snow were weaker the further South they traveled. This also increased their chance of survival the most. When attacking Qian Zhou, it would be better to hollow out Qian Zhou by taking away their citizens and leaving the imperial family within the borders. Without citizens, how could a ruler still be called a ruler? There would come a day where they would be driven insane.”