622

Top Scholar Is in the Yao Family

Feng Yu Heng’s actions caused the members of the Yao family to feel very moved. After all, her current status was different. She was conferred the title of imperial daughter Ji An, and this title of imperial daughter was obtained through her own merits. But for the current Feng Yu Heng to put aside her status and kneel and pay respects to them, this meant that this child was not overly prideful. Instead, she was respectful to her elders and kind to others. It was as they had thought, she was their favorite A-Heng.

There was naturally no need for this between Yao Xian and Feng Yu Heng, but the uncles were too moved. Earlier, the eldest uncle, Yao Jing Jun, had patted her head. This time, the second uncle, Yao Jing Xiao, and the third uncle, Yao Jing Yue, went forward to help Feng Yu Heng up.

Feng Yu Heng felt her arms being held tightly, but it was without ill intent. Instead, it was a feeling of not knowing how to express their doting love. It left her feeling filled with love.

With the uncles and aunts having had their chance to cherish her, the six cousins were also itching to go. Unfortunately, Yao Xian did not give them the chance. Waving his hand, he said: “Stop holding onto A-Heng. Let her get some rest. Did we not prepare some refreshments? Bring them up, bring them up. Let’s speak while eating.” He then said to Feng Yu Heng: “To be returning from the imperial palace at this time, you must have already eaten dinner, thus I did not have them prepare it. Just some refreshments have been prepared. This will also give us a chance to talk.”

Feng Yu Heng nodded, expressing that she thought the arrangements were good.

Very quickly, tea, pastries and fruit were brought out, with two of each being placed on each table. Feng Yu Heng received some special treatment. The head madam, Xu shi, pointed at the excellent pastries and said to Feng Yu Heng: “Look at how pretty these things are. Just looking at them will make you hungry! Hah, it’s a pity that there isn’t a daughter to enjoy these pastries that I made.” While saying this, she picked up a pastry and personally placed it in Feng Yu Heng’s mouth.

Feng Yu Heng ate it and found that it was indeed delicious, thus she smiled and said: “Either way, the imperial daughter’s manor is right next to the Yao manor. Later on, I will have someone open up that small entrance again. That way, it will be easier for us to move between the two. If aunty does not find it annoying, A-Heng will come over every day to eat pastries.”

These words made the members of the Yao family very happy. Her coming over every day to enjoy tea and pastries meant that they would be able to see this cute little girl every day. To the members of the Yao family, this was the most joyous thing in the world!

The entire family chatted to Feng Yu Heng for a long time. During this time, the eldest madam, Xu shi, had succeeded in winning the right to sleeping with Feng Yu Heng for the night. She smiled so widely that she could not close her mouth. The second madam, Qin shi, laughed at her: “Even when eldest nephew became the top scholar, I did not see eldest sister-in-law so happy. Really, in our family, sons are not as well-loved as daughters.”

In regards to these words, everyone was in agreement. The Yao family was a typical case of favoring daughters and not caring for sons. This was something that everyone had accepted long ago. It was just that the words top scholar caused Feng Yu Heng to freeze.

“What, the top scholar of this year was eldest brother?” She looked at Yao Shu. He looked to be around 23 or 24 and had a healthy look. He was the one among the six children that was most favored by Yao Xian.

Yao Xian laughed, “That’s right. This child went to try out the test and ended up being the top scholar.” He then looked at his second grandson, Yao Sen, and his third grandson, Yao Xuan, and continued: “Those two were second and third in this year’s examination. Our Yao family took all of the top spots.”