693

Digging a Pearl Out of Flesh

If Feng Yu Heng had said “fetch” it, perhaps it would not have too profound of an effect, but the word that she had chosen was “dig.” The word “dig” was too frightening. Everyone shuddered and guessed at what the word “dig” would mean.

To the imperial guards at the entrance, Feng Yu Heng’s words were not necessarily like an imperial daughter, but they could not be ignored either. These madams and young misses from out of the province might not know what Imperial Daughter Ji An meant to Da Shun, but to the guards that served the imperial palace, they could not be any clearer. Moreover, aside from Imperial Daughter Ji An, there was Palace Princess Wu Yang at her side. As the only palace princess of Da Shun’s imperial family, even an idiot knew just how important she was.

With Feng Yu Heng giving the order, the imperial guards did not hold back in the slightest. They went over, with three rushing forward. Two of them held young miss Mu down, while the other pulled out the sword at his waist. Picking up young miss Mu’s bloody hand, the tip of the sword was pointed at the bloody hole and moved to dig.

The people watching on shrieked in fear, and everyone turned away; however, they heard Feng Yu Heng say: “When you’re digging it out, be careful not to ruin the pearl.”

The guard nodded and looked again at the hand. Without any concern for young miss Mu’s struggles or cries, he said: “To not damage the pearl is easy. Just dig up more of the flesh.” With the words spoken, the sword moved without any hesitation. The sword stabbed straight at the palm of young miss Mu’s hand. It was then wiggled left and right, and he did not care how much blood came out while caring even less about how much flesh was carved out. When a chunk of flesh the size of a thumb’s nail was carved out, a platter was immediately brought up from the side. It was the one that had been placed at the entrance to hold identification plates. The piece of flesh was placed on it then brought over to Feng Yu Heng.

The guard reported to her: “Reporting to Imperial Daughter, the pearl is intact and undamaged, aside from being covered in a bit of flesh and blood.”

The people looked over at young miss Mu. At this moment, she was collapsed on the ground and had fainted from the pain. Her maidservant was repeatedly trying to wake her, and when she finally woke up, she saw her mangled hand. A burning fire welled up inside her, and she fainted once more.

Feng Yu Heng, however, did not pay any attention to her, only telling the guard: “Take this into the palace. Find the prefect of Luo Province and just say that his daughter’s blood and flesh ruined this imperial daughter’s thousand-year pearl from the Eastern Sea. Ask to see what sort of price should be paid to repay this. If he is unable to figure out an accurate price for this, just bring it to see His Highness the Seventh Prince. Have His Highness make an estimate. There must be an outcome.”

The guard complied and carried the platter forward without saying another word.

Xiang Rong facepalmed and thought to herself that her second sister was going to work together with His Highness the Seventh Prince to scam someone or something? I heard last time that you scammed the Lu family out of a large sum! She went to Feng Yu Heng’s side and said remorsefully: “Second sister, I’m sorry. Xiang Rong caused trouble for you.”

Feng Yu Heng shook her head, “I am angry, but I am not angry over you causing trouble. Instead, it’s why do these things keep happening to you! Of course, there’s nothing much you can do about running into someone like the young miss of the first wife of Luo Province, who rushes to curse and hit people. We can’t be like that sort of person. Even if we are to hit people, we cannot do it ourselves. It’s beneath our dignity.” After she finished speaking, she turned and said to Huang Quan: “Pick two servants that know martial arts and send them to the third young miss’ side later on.”