629

Exactly as Desired

Lu Song did not dare hope for friendly relations. He just told the truth: “This old official has come to apologize to the imperial daughter. This old official’s daughter was unreasonable and used some petty tricks to bully the Feng family’s third young miss. This is something that this old official only found out about after the event. My daughter, Lu Yao, has already been confined inside the home, but if this official did not personally come to apologize to the imperial daughter, I would truly feel ill-at-ease.”

Feng Yu Heng did not pick up on this topic. She just asked Lu Song: “This imperial daughter heard that lord prime minister’s second young miss is engaged to the top scholar of the Yao family, and it was you that requested this marriage from father Emperor. Is this how it went?”

Lu Song was startled and became even more careful with his words: “Indeed, it was this old official that requested it from his Majesty. Speaking of, I fear that imperial daughter may laugh, but it really was a coincidence. My daughter and the top scholar met a few times and found that they got along well. Only then did this old official shamelessly ask his Majesty for this engagement.”

Ge shi interjected and said: “That’s right. This engagement was one granted by his Majesty, but it was also something that the children wanted. It really is a great marriage.”

She had a look of joy on her face, as she thought about using this marriage to get a little closer to imperial daughter Ji An; however, they did not think that Feng Yu Heng would say: “A girl that has not yet married or gotten engaged should avoid getting too close to others. Father Emperor agreed to this marriage, but if he did not, wouldn’t this have brought ruin to the Lu family’s young miss’ life.”

Her words were calm; however, they left the Lu family feeling shocked. They did not know what they should say.

At this time in the yard outside the hall, Qing Yu was leading an unfamiliar girl over. The sky had darkened slightly, and there was a maidservant holding a lantern leading the way.

Arriving at the entrance, Qing Yu saw that there were guests inside, thus she retreated to the entrance and waited for a while. Not long later, Huang Quan came out and whispered with Qing Yu for a while before going back inside the hall to quietly report to Feng Yu Heng. Feng Yu Heng was stunned and raised her voice to say: “Oh? There’s actually this sort of thing?” She then looked outside the entrance, “Qing Yu, come in. It happens that prime minister Lu is also here. We can see how to resolve this matter.”

Lu Song’s heart trembled and thought to himself that nothing else should have happened, right? Turning back around, however, he saw that there were two people that came in. He recognized one of them. He had no recollection of the girl’s name, but she was one of her second daughter of the first wife’s maidservants.

Ge shi was able to remember the name. Puzzled, she rushed to ask: “Ru Yi? Why are you here?”

The servant named Ru Yi clearly did not think that the Lu family’s master and madam would both be present. Frightened, she dropped to her knees.

At this time, Qing Yu continued to move forward, saluting Xuan Tian Ge then Feng Yu Heng. She then turned to bow to Lu Song and Ge shi: “This servant, Qing Yu, greets lord prime minister and madam.” She was neither humble nor arrogant. Regardless of whether it was bearing or manner, she was countless times better than the kneeling Ru Yi.

Feng Yu Heng asked her: “Is what Huang Quan just said true?”

Qing Yu nodded, standing up to open the wooden box in her hand: “Young miss, please look. These are the accessories ordered by the Lu family’s second young miss. Our Phoenix Pavilion accepted this job and was to hand over the goods today. As a result, the Lu family’s young miss did not come. Instead, she sent a servant from the manor. When the clerk from the Phoenix Pavilion brought out the accessories, their wrists bumped into each other, knocking the box to the ground and causing a few of the accessories to fall to the ground. Two of the jade accessories broke, but this was not the most pressing matter. We can just have them pay. Unfortunately, this maidservant somehow lost her footing and ended up stepping on the accessories that had fallen out. In this instant, 80 percent of the goods were ruined.”