699

Lu Ping’s Thoughts

In regards to Feng Yu Heng slowing down and getting close to her, Lu Ping did not seem to be surprised. She even took the initiative to greet them: “Palace Princess Wu Yang, Imperial Daughter Ji An, greetings. This girl’s name is Lu Ping.” Because everyone was walking, the greeting was only verbal and did not have any actions behind it.

Xuan Tian Ge did not think much of it and just waved her sleeve, saying: “No need to be too courteous.” She then crinkled her nose and said: “Why did the fragrance suddenly become so thick?”

Feng Yu Heng understood but did not expose it, only saying to Xuan Tian Ge: “Bring Xiang Rong to the front for now. Don’t leave Aunty Lan to take care of Her Highness on her own. While you’re at it, this will give our Xiang Rong a bit of glory.”

Although Xuan Tian Ge did not understand why Feng Yu Heng had fallen to the back, she was quite a sharp girl. Now that Feng Yu Heng was speaking with Lu Ping while chasing her and Xiang Rong away, how could she not understand that she wished to speak with the Lu family’s young miss alone. After thinking about her relationship with the Lu family, she was even more assured of her idea. She immediately pulled Xiang Rong and headed forward.

Feng Yu Heng did not continue to express herself. It was Lu Ping that said: “Many thanks Imperial Daughter for your understanding.”

She did not say what she understood, and Feng Yu Heng did not ask. She did not bring up what Xuan Tian Ge had said about the fragrance getting thicker; however, she did not forget to notice that the number of people that were able to remain close to her because of this fragrance was quite few.

“I heard that the Lu family’s eldest young miss has always remained low key and very rarely came to these sorts of functions. Why did you think of coming into the palace today?” She spoke up and asked and was not courteous in the slightest, pointing directly at the Lu family’s goal.

Lu Ping did not hide it. Who knew if she was simple or what it was, as she told Feng Yu Heng without holding anything back: “It was all arranged by the family. Father was set on having me come into the palace, and there was nothing that I could do.”

“Oh?” Feng Yu Heng continued to ask, “Eldest Young Miss Lu did not want to come?”

“Un.” Lu Ping nodded, “I really did not want to come.” After she finished speaking, she looked at her personal servant, Jian’er, and sighed: “Jian’er, there’s no need to be so nervous. Imperial Daughter Ji An is clever. Rather than hiding it, it would be better to speak truthfully.”

These words were directed at the servant, but they were really for Feng Yu Heng to hear, and Feng Yu Heng did not express herself after hearing this. She just thought of it as a master interacting with her servant. It was unrelated to her.

Lu Ping smiled bitterly to herself. Everyone said that Imperial Daughter Ji An was not easy to deal with. Sure enough, although she had slowed down to get close to her, in truth, after a short exchange, she had taken the initiative away. She looked all around. There were many people at the banquet today. Although everyone was fighting to get to the front, there were still people that fell behind. There were not actually many chances to speak with Feng Yu Heng. For example, in the middle of the yard, she had wanted to go forward a few times, but there were always people at Feng Yu Heng’s side. There were also people from the Yao family present. She just could not find a chance to speak to her.

Now, however, she was finally able to get to the heart of the issue. She calmed her heart and asked: “Imperial Daughter, could you have also smelled the unusual fragrance from my body? Although it does not smell bad, with the hundred flowers covering it, it is so thick that even people who are far away can smell that something is off?”