673

Wait While Shopping and Be Willing to Spend

Feng Yu Heng remembered that when Lu Yao had married into the Yao manor. On that day, there was also a group with gifts that accompanied the bride to the manor. According to the rules, after they watched Yao Shu bring the bride into the manor, they would turn back around, leaving behind just the maidservants that would accompany the bride. At that time, she had taken a look, and she had seen a few maidservants in that group. The one that she had just seen seemed to have been seen among that group.

“Someone from the Lu family.” She scratched her chin and said to Xuan Tian Ming: “I seem to have seen that maidservant before when the Lu family was sending gifts during the wedding.”

The people of the Lu family visiting to buy jewelry was quite normal, but Xuan Tian Ming was puzzled, “You said that she has a hidden illness? What hidden illness? I’ve never heard of any Lu family’s young miss having a hidden illness.”

Feng Yu Heng laughed at him, “If everyone knew about it, how could it still be considered a hidden illness.”

Xuan Tian Ming shrugged, “But coming out like this, does she not fear being found out?”

She thought for a bit then said: “Perhaps she was feeling anxious and wanted to come and look at the jewelry. Also, she was wearing a veil, and I was the one that could tell what was wrong. Others would just think that she had put on some low-quality makeup.”

Xuan Tian Ming was a bit interested, “The hidden illness that you are speaking of, what is it? What illness is it?”

Feng Yu Heng thought for a bit, “Body odor or stinkiness as you might call it, if the palace is selecting consorts, will they make accurate assessments in regards to this issue. I heard that a large number of people were turned away because of this sort of problem. They would then have trouble getting married for their entire lives. After all, who wants a wife that stinks. Our Da Shun court has not taken anyone in for many years. That Lu family’s young miss does not need to worry about it. It’s just… I don’t know which young miss from the Lu family that is.” She used her elbow to prod Xuan Tian Ming: “How many young misses are there in the Lu family?”

Xuan Tian Ming thought for a bit then said: “It seems that there are three. The eldest young miss was born from a concubine, and there are two young misses from the first wife, but they were born from different mothers. The Lu manor’s current madam is Ji shi.”

While they spoke, Qing Yu had already come out of Nirvana Pavilion. Upon seeing them, she saluted then said: “They’re getting rid of the smell inside first. Your Highness and young miss, please wait a little before entering.” As she spoke, she looked around in the street, but the girl had already disappeared. Qing Yu frowned and said: “Who knows which family that young miss is from. It does not look like she’s lacking for money, but the cosmetics that she is using are too terrible! It’s such that it causes people’s throats to hurt.”

Feng Yu Heng asked her: “Did she order any jewelry?”

Qing Yu nodded: “She ordered two sets of head ornaments, and they were both to be made of expensive materials. Aside from the initial deposit, they also paid for the majority of the cost for the materials in accordance with our rules. They were quite generous with their spending.”

“Un.” Feng Yu Heng thought for a bit then said: “That young miss has a hidden illness. There’s no need to mind too much. She’s a customer, so just treat her as one. In the worst case scenario, prepare a private room for the next time she comes. Just don’t let it disrupt the normal flow of business.”

Qing Yu complied. At this time, a clerk came over, saying that the smell inside had dispersed and to invite them inside. Qing Yu told Feng Yu Heng: “The jadeite mine has sent a good amount of materials, and they were all of the highest quality. Young miss, come upstairs to take a look to see if there’s anything that you like. If you want them, just have craftsman Bai make accessories out of them. This servant felt those materials looked very good.”