616

Mother, Let’s Go Back to the Capital

In the urgent message that had been delivered from the imperial palace, there were only a few words: Your Highness, quickly come back! Sender: Zhang Yuan.

Xuan Tian Ming furrowed his brows and handed the message over to Feng Yu Heng. At the same time, he said to himself: “To be able to have Zhang Yuan send an urgent message from the imperial palace, the only possibility is that the old man is causing trouble again.”

Feng Yu Heng was puzzled, “What trouble could he be causing? It’s not like this is the first time you’ve led soldiers to fight a battle.”

Xuan Tian Ming helplessly shook his head, “Who knows! Let’s go. Either way, we should return quickly.” He then said to the messenger that had brought the message: “Go and report to lord Lu. Tell him that this prince must hurry back to the capital and will not be remaining in Jiang Zhou, but I will be back in the future to talk when there is some free time.”

The messenger immediately replied: “This subordinate will comply and will immediately report to lord Lu. Your Highness, have a safe journey.” After saying this, he took a couple steps back, preparing to watch the army pass through the city.

At this time, they heard a loud shout come from the North, outside the city: “Your Highness, please wait.” Everyone turned back and saw a soldier quickly running forward. Arriving before Xuan Tian Ming and Feng Yu Heng, he cupped his hands and said: “Your Highness, imperial daughter, there is a carriage outside the city from Bin City. They said that they came to find the army, and the girl in the carriage is calling herself Princess Lian of Qian Zhou.”

Feng Yu Heng nearly choked to death on some saliva. How had she forgotten about this. Wu Li Sheng, oh Wu Li Sheng, she really was persistent!

She looked back at Prince Lian, who was riding on the same horse as his guard. Today, this evildoer was wearing some riding clothes and had a black cloak on his back. He lost a bit of his beauty, but this made him look more courageous. Although he still looked like a woman, in any case, he was no longer as feminine as before and seemed to be a little more acceptable.

The arrival of the so-called “Princess Lian” caused Feng Zhao Lian to be given quite the scare. He had his guard hurry forward. At the same time, he urged Xuan Tian Ming: “Didn’t you just say that you needed to quickly return to the capital? Let’s go! What are you waiting for? Quickly, quickly, quickly, we must hurry. If there was an urgent message from that far away, there must be something urgent.”

Xuan Tian Ming faintly smiled, “No rush.”

Feng Yu Heng also nodded, “Indeed, there is no rush.” She then said to the soldier standing guard at the gate: “Go and invite Princess Lian into the city.”

The soldier received the order and left, but Prince Lian had a bitter expression: “Ya Ya, what are you bringing that madwoman in for?”

Feng Yu Heng raised an eyebrow: “You know her, right?”

“Isn’t that a waste of words?” Prince Lian was exasperated, “Qian Zhou is only so large. If you said that there is a woman that calls herself Princess Lian every day with such a grand stature, it would spread through all of the cities. Even if I did not want to know, it would be impossible for me not to know.”

“Then why do you allow her to continue spreading it?” Feng Yu Heng was puzzled, “One surnamed Feng, since you know that it’s a fake, why do you still allow her to continue saying it. What sort of peaceful mind do you have?”

Prince Lian rubbed his hands and lowered his head, not knowing what he should say. He was not feeling at peace. He was feeling guilty!

Using his arm, he prodded the guard: “You say it.”