714

Finally Setting Off On This Path

Outside Zhao He Hall, Fu Ya was defeated and fled.

She had wanted to visit Imperial Concubine Yun, and she just wanted to take a look from far away. In any case, she wanted to gain a bit of an impression on the extremely stubborn and willful woman in the palace that was also the person that Feng Yu Heng called Imperial Concubine Mother. When she had arrived, she had deliberately put on some airs, and the people that saw her would not know whether or not she was really Feng Yu Heng. Using this method, she managed to get near Zhao He Hall using Feng Yu Heng’s identity.

Of course, she did not dare use this face to meet Imperial Concubine Yun. The servants might be fooled, but Imperial Concubine Yun was very clear. When Fu Ya heard that someone from the Board of Astronomy was inside, she chose to remain outside to listen for a while; however, she never expected that she would hear such a thing.

In her fear, she began to flee. The servants that she bumped into were all puzzled. What was wrong with Imperial Daughter Ji An? However, nobody knew that the person that had fled was not Feng Yu Heng. It was just someone that had a face that was very similar to Feng Yu Heng’s.

“Killing would be most effective.” Imperial Concubine Yun’s words were repeatedly played inside Fu Ya’s mind. She trotted along the entire time until she was out of breath. No matter what, the fear in her heart could not be shaken off. She had never met with such power, and she had never met anyone with such a high standing before. It was only now that she understood that if someone in the palace wanted someone else’s life, they would truly be even more fierce than in the North with Duan Mu An Guo.

Fu Ya’s escape was not met with any resistance as a result of her face. Although there were many palace servants that clearly knew that Feng Yu Heng had already left the palace, when they saw her, they just assumed that Imperial Daughter Ji An had just gone somewhere else and had not exited the palace. Back at Zhao He Hall, the female guard at Imperial Concubine Yun’s side only chased to the entrance of the courtyard because a palace servant from the courtyard told her: “It was Imperial Daughter Ji An. For some reason, she came but did not enter before quickly running away.”

Although the female guard could not understand why Feng Yu Heng would come but not enter before quickly running off, since the servant said that it was Feng Yu Heng, there was no need to continue pursuing. Either way, it was not some outsider, nor was it some bad person. Perhaps something urgent came up for the imperial daughter, which caused her to not go in. She would just go in and report it to the imperial concubine.

Thus the female guard returned inside Zhao He Hall and reported what the servant had said to her. Imperial Concubine Yun, however, frowned: “That’s not right! Even if A-Heng did not come in, she should not have stopped outside and listened from outside the wall? When you said that you noticed some movements outside, you determined that someone was listening from the outside?”

The female guard nodded but was also a bit at a loss. She began to question her own eyes.

At this time, Jian Zheng from the Board of Astronomy also spoke up, saying to Imperial Concubine Yun: “When this official was coming to Zhao He Hall, the banquet at Heavenly Hall had already been dispersed. Because of a matter between the Yao family and the Lu family, imperial daughter should have been in a rush to leave, and I did not see her remain in the palace.”

Jian Zheng had been called to Zhao He Hall after the banquet had come to an end. He recounted how Lu Yao and Xu shi had fallen into the water to Imperial Concubine Yun, which led to Imperial Concubine Yun furrowing her brow even tighter.

“That’s not right, that wasn’t A-Heng.” She was very certain of her own suspicions then ordered the female guard: “Personally leave the palace and ask A-Heng if she came to Zhao He Hall. If A-Heng says that she did not, the imperial daughter that the palace servants saw should be the imposter.”