700

Abnormality on the Back of the Neck

That was right! Although Feng Yu Heng had not counted how many times she had swiped at her neck, the back of her neck was indeed very itchy, thus she said to Xuan Tian Ge: “Take a look for me. I keep feeling itchy. It would be best if there’s nothing stuck there.”

Xuan Tian Ge reached out her hand to feel the back of her neck but did not feel anything. When she craned her neck to look, even tugging slightly on the collar, she did not find anything. She could not help but frown and say: “It’s most likely some hair. There isn’t anything else.”

Feng Yu Heng nodded, “Then let’s not worry about it.”

She said not to worry about it, but the itch on the back of her neck did not cease. Fortunately, it was not too bad. It could be resolved by being scratched from time to time, and she did not think too much of it. After all, it was currently a banquet put on by the imperial palace. She and Xuan Tian Ge were seated at the top. To their sides were either the Empress or imperial concubines. If she got up at this time to investigate why the back of her neck felt off, it would not be too good. Moreover, the young misses from the families of officials had begun their performances. Without anyone mentioning it and without anyone preparing, the leader of the new group that appeared was immediately recognized by the Empress: “Ah! The leader of this group looks a bit familiar? … Isn’t this Lord Wei’s daughter of his first wife? In just two years of not seeing her, she matured so much, and her dancing skills have become so good?”

With the Empress beginning to comment, all of the imperial concubines, along with the madams and young misses that sat below, began to agree. While praising this young miss from the Wei family, there were many young misses that left to begin preparing. The Empress nodded with satisfaction. What hundred-flower banquet. How long could they admire flowers for. Just watching a few dances would also be extremely boring. Having everyone participate would cause the atmosphere to warm up and not cause the scene to become frigid.

Of course, the Empress also understood that these madams and young misses gathering in one place was not just for the sake of participating in a palace banquet. They did all that they could to get into the palace for the sake of allowing their daughters to strive to be the best, to allow more people to see their beauty and wealth in order to be chosen by the wealthy and noble sons or even the princes of the imperial family.

Xuan Tian Ge told Feng Yu Heng, “That young miss from the Wei family is the daughter of the first wife of the Shun Province’s prefect. Shun Province is the first province to the North of the capital. It’s also the one that interacts the most with the capital, thus Her Highness is able to remember so clearly.”

Feng Yu Heng nodded and looked a bit more at the Wei family’s daughter, but she could not gain much of an understanding. She did not understand dance. She could enjoy watching a lively event, but she could not tell whether a dance was good or not. Feng Yu Heng would not lose to anyone when it came to talking about martial arts. When it came to academics, she could speak a bit about some ancient texts, but when it came to these arts, she really was at a loss! She could play some popular songs on the guitar, but dancing was a bit too difficult of a job. The older she became, the more she felt that she could not do it. In the past, the Feng family had invited a dance instructor, but how many years had it been. She had forgotten it so thoroughly that she could not even recall anything.

Thus she just sat there obediently, watching the young misses from the families of officials perform. From time to time, she would applaud along with the others, which helped keep up the atmosphere. Fortunately, the itching on the back of her neck was not too serious. It would occasionally return to normal, which made her think that it really was just a strand of hair that was poking her.