Faced with the second prince’s question, Imperial Concubine Li told the truth. She spoke of the bitterness that she had suffered for over 20 years, and she spoke about the unreconciled feelings over the past two years stemming from the battle for the throne. Word by word, although she was speaking about herself, her hatred was also directed at the Emperor.

The Emperor became dazed from listening; however, this only lasted for an instant, as he very quickly recovered. To him, he had too many women, and he had let down too many. Aside from the ones that had princes, there were quite a few that he could no longer remember. But he did not feel that this could be considered as owing them anything. This was the path that women entering the palace would be taking. Even without Imperial Concubine Yun, there would have been someone else. Over the years, new ones would be brought in, and old ones would be swapped out. There would also be some that got eliminated. Ever since they began thinking of entering the palace, their families had already described their paths clearly. Upon entering the palace, it will be like being thrown into the ocean. If you can swim, just keep swimming, but if you can’t, all that remains is to sink.

Imperial Concubine Li had admitted to stealing the little white tiger, but why had the little white tiger bitten Xuan Fei Yu. The second prince was still pondering this. It was Feng Yu Heng that provided him with an answer: “My little white tiger is very in tune with human feelings. Imperial Concubine Li had arranged for an imperial guard to carry it out, and it definitely was not happy. That imperial guard struggled with it and was even bitten by the little white tiger. At the same time, it also sniffed the fragrance that came from the imperial guard’s body. No matter how in tune it is with human feelings, it is still a beast and cannot think like a human. That’s why when it was thrown into the forest, and Fei Yu suddenly appeared with that same smell from the imperial guard, the little white tiger subconsciously thought that Fei Yu was the person that had stolen it away. Only then did it go to bite him.”

What she had said was measured and reasonable. A piece of imperial guard armor had been found in the little white tiger’s mouth, and that fragrance had appeared on Xuan Fei Yu’s body. It did not seem like Imperial Concubine Li was lying. All of this showed that Feng Yu Heng’s conjecture was correct.

Imperial Concubine Li did not say anything else and just continued to quietly sob. It looked like she was blaming herself quite a bit. Feng Yu Heng thought for a bit then asked: “Imperial Concubine said that everything was done to me, but why did Palace Princess Wu Yang’s imperial carriage need to be ruined? What sort of enmity did she have with Imperial Concubine?”

Imperial Concubine Li was startled, “Tian Ge’s imperial carriage? What do you mean?”

The Emperor also looked at Feng Yu Heng, “You’re saying that Tian Ge’s imperial carriage flipping was intentionally caused by someone?”

Feng Yu Heng nodded, “The place where the wheel was connected to the axel had been cut by someone. It was not an accident.”

The Emperor immediately glared at Imperial Concubine Li; however, Imperial Concubine Li repeatedly shook her head. While shaking her head, she said: “No, that matter with the imperial carriage is unrelated to me. Your Majesty, everything that this concubine has done, this concubine has admitted to, but there’s no reason for this concubine to ruin Tian Ge’s imperial carriage! She’s a girl, and she’s Feng’er’s younger sister. How could I… this concubine want to ruin her imperial carriage?!”

The Emperor did not believe her, “You’re just quibbling!”

Imperial Concubine Li smiled bitterly, “Quibbling? Either way, this concubine will be dying. What’s the difference between one more charge or one less charge? If it really was done by this concubine, this concubine would definitely admit it, but if this concubine admitted it, the real culprit will never be found!”