“Hmph!” Fen Dai snorted coldly, “The Yao family is conducting a funeral today. That Lu Yao is also considered second sister’s cousin-in-law. Instead of standing vigil for the funeral, you actually don’t feel any shame in strolling the streets?”

Feng Yu Heng pondered for a bit then nodded, “If you say it that way, it really is a bit inappropriate to wander around in the streets today.”

“That’s right.” Fen Dai sneered while looking at her, “Then won’t second sister quickly go back?”

“Alright.” Feng Yu Heng was very frank, “I should go back to stand vigil. Then fourth sister should also quickly return to your room and change out of these joyous clothes into mourning clothes. Second sister will wait for you here. After you’ve gotten changed, we’ll go to the Yao manor together.”

Fen Dai was puzzled, “Why must I go? You’re from the Yao family. I’m not!”

“Where are these words coming from?” Feng Yu Heng put on a stern expression and began lecturing her, “Both of us have the surname Feng. We are both children of the Feng family. Look, second sister is the daughter of the first wife. According to Da Shun’s rules, the daughters of a concubine of a family will share ancestors with the children of the first wife. The maternal family will be based on the children of the first wife. That’s why Lu Yao is not just my cousin-in-law. She was also yours and Xiang Rong’s cousin-in-law. Fourth sister, don’t be so courteous. Quickly go back and get changed. In a moment, when His Highness the fifth prince arrives, we can also bring him to pay respects.”

With these words being said, Fen Dai withered. Feng Yu Heng was completely right. If things were really analyzed, she should be going with her. If Feng Yu Heng had to stand vigil, she would also be affected and need to stand vigil. Whose fault was it that Feng Yu Heng was of the first wife, and she herself was of a concubine.

The division between the two positions caused Fen Dai to grit her teeth. What could she do? Han shi had already died, thus she could never hope to obtain the position of daughter of the first wife in this life. She could not help but hate Da Shun’s damn rules. In her mind, a thought suddenly appeared. If the fifth prince was able to become the ruler, would he be able to change this sort of rule? Also, at that time, she would be the official princess and would naturally become the empress. She would be the mother of the world. Who would dare to look down on her?

As she thought and thought, the corners of her lips began to curl up. Her entire person became spirited.

Feng Yu Heng still leaned out of the window and watched on. How could the change in Fen Dai’s expression escape her eyes. She just could not understand, was this child really that innocent? Where exactly did her flowery and bright thoughts come from?

“I heard that even the people of the Lu family did not have much of a reaction and did not head to the Yao manor. Then second sister should go and view the lanterns!” Fen Dai suddenly gave up on her earlier methods and changed her plans, “Seeing the lanterns is good. It only comes around once each year. Second sister should enjoy herself properly.” After speaking, she lifted her dress and cheerfully headed toward the carriage that was slowly coming over.

Feng Yu Heng lowered the curtain and spread her arms to say to the people inside: “That girl most likely thought of becoming the mother of the world and placing me, the daughter of the first wife, under her feet while changing Da Shun’s rules. Hah, just look at her joyful appearance. As her elder sister, I really feel too embarrassed to shatter her dreams in front of her. After all, having dreams is a good thing. What if they come true someday!”

“Is that even possible?” Xuan Tian Ming said with disdain: “Who knows what the daughters of the Feng family are taught from childhood. Why do they all want to be the empress?”