Chapter 74

I see his lips moving but I can't hear anything; I'm deaf for a brief second.

"what?"

"I said, is there anything you have to say?"

"That's not true, we didn't commit any murder, and the last person we'd kill would be Liam, I . . . I loved Liam and I still do." I say confidently, even though my voice is letting me down by coming out as more of a whisper.

"The evidence we found on the both of you proved to be different miss Olivia and if you like you can get a lawyer for further questioning but for now you're a suspect." He says in a serious tone and I want to freak out, scream and cry but there's nowhere to go and all I can do is hope that somehow in someway this will all pass even though I know this all means big trouble.

****

Ava's POV:

My uncle . . . the policeman sits me down on the chair right in front of the metallic table. I gulp as I watch his eyes staring right into mine. 

I never thought he could be so intimidating, all those holiday parties my mom used to host, and all the gifts he used to give me, and my sister doesn't fit the expression he's now giving me.

Olivia must have left or maybe she's still talking to someone, whatever it is, I need her, I can't do this alone . . . I know I can't.

His lips are parted but he doesn't say anything, instead, he fiddles with his hands which seems somewhat unprofessional and even a little off which only intimidates me more, it's almost as if he wants to say something but can't and I understand exactly how he feels.

I take a deep breath and just as I do he opens his mouth.

"Ava, I . . .. this is difficult for me as you can probably tell but I hope we can put our family strings aside for the rest of your questioning." He says but all I can manage to do is nod. 

He continues to explain that there's evidence on Olivia and I but I can't believe him, we cleaned everything, we made sure everything was perfect and yet the one small blood drop is now deeming us as suspects.

"It must have been when we drove Liam home, this doesn't make sense." I say as confused and confident as I can be.

"I must admit, you two have put on quite the show, but evidence is evidence and it's proving you both wrong . . . so far at least, I'd love nothing more but for me and the rest of the police force to be in the wrong." He says with a small smile tugging at his lips.

"Well you are wrong and I know it's only a matter of time before the evidence proves our story to be the truth." I say a little too harshly.

"The evidence we have so far isn't just a blood spot, it's much more, we found a plastic bag covered in spots of blood that was not disposed of very well by someone. But so far most of the evidence is pointed towards Olivia and not you . . . yet that is. Now I might not be a lawyer but from my experience in the police field, working with lawyers and such I can tell you that you two are in a very bad spot, and you might be looking at up to a hundred and twenty-year jail sentence. But if Olivia does confess and you don't you'll be set free and she gets the sentence but if the both of you confess you might be looking at forty years each." He explains and my heart drops to my stomach.