Chapter 67

The plan is set in motion and so are my nerves. Ava hides in the trunk along with the bleach, disposable bags and cleaning material. I beep a few times, hoping Liam will hurry, waiting as he walks towards the car is more nerve-wracking than he'll ever know.

„Hey, I tried to hurry as much as I could what's up?" he asks, clearly noticing the stress that has now started camp on my features.

„Nothing, just excited." I smile and he returns it.

 Looking at him like this, so unaware and clueless makes me almost feel bad for what we're about to do, but ending his life has been decided and I know I can't go back . . . I don't want to go back. I take a deep breath before finally shifting the gear into ‚drive.'

The drive is slow and agonizing and I'm thankful when we finally arrive. The tall trees surround us from every corner.

„where are we?" he asks worriedly.

„We're in my favourite hiding spot." I lie.

"I told you, I'm going to thank you for everything and it has to be here, no one ever comes here, it'll be just me and you." I smile and I can see the subtle excitement appearing on his face. I leave the car key inside the car and to my surprise, Liam doesn't notice. 

The tall grass welcomes us as we step into the dark forest. I glance over to Liam who looks scared and honestly so am I, as we head deeper into the forest our surroundings become darker and scarier. I glance down at my phone, it's merely a few minutes until midnight. 

After tonight there'll be no going back, Liam won't exist anymore and mine and Ava's life will be transformed forever. 

„come here." I say, leading him onto a large platform covered by a large disposable bag. He. looks confused and I know that this might just be the hardest part of his murder.

„What is this?" he asks as he slowly steps onto the bag.

„you don't want to do it on the ground do you?" I ask.

„no, but a blanket would definitely cover it." he says

„Not for what I have in mind." I smile. 

I take a deep breath and look up at the sky. My heart races and I can't believe that I'm going through with this. My stomach is in knots and I want this all to end . . . I want Liam's torture to end, and I know that it will only do so when he's gone.

 I notice Ava walking towards us at the corner of my eye. She's quiet and slow, I know Liam is way to distracted by his thoughts to hear the light flickering of grass behind him.

„Close your eyes." I say, making sure he listens. I take a deep breath and signal for Ava to approach. I slowly unbutton his shirt, making sure he doesn't suspect anything, and with a nod, Ava approaches closer.

„Woah, we're really doing this." He says with a slight chuckle.

The fireworks start and I know it's midnight, Ava and I look at each other, our eyes doing all of the talking.

„Yeah we are." I smile even though he can't see it, even if he could, he'd never understand the reason behind it.

As Ava steps her final step, right behind Liam, she points the gun to his back before finally pulling the trigger.