Chapter 17

I don't even remember last night. All I remember is somehow getting drunk. My head is killing me and I definitely couldn't feel worse. The thought of anyone or anything or any noise makes me want to throw up.

Ava barges in and my head starts to fall apart. 

"Hey girl," she says.

 "Shh," I answer her, demanding silence.

 "Oh sorry, you'll get over this headache thing, I've never seen well . . . anyone drink so much," she says and a few memories flood back into my head of me chugging the overly spiked punch.

"Let's go to dinner? It'll make you feel better, trust me." She says and I nod.

 "Wait, dinner? it's only two pm . . ." I trail off but she shows me her phone which reads 'six pm.' My eyes are wide. 

Not only do I have amnesia I also slept through the whole day? perfect what else can go wrong?

Her broken down car annoys me even more as we pull up to Mcdonalds. The sharp turns she takes make me even dizzier. It's weird how the night started out with Ava being the drunk one but yet I'm the one with the headache. It doesn't amaze me that Ava's headache disappeared with a smoothie after waking up early for her daily yoga lesson.

"A Capuchino, large fries, two burgers . . ." She trails off but I focus on the window right beside me. I need to clam my head, somehow relax it.

 As I sit down I remember Liam kindly dropping me off after being wasted. Oh god, I must have been such a slob. 

"Our order will take a few since it's kind of crowded," Ava tells me with a kind smile. I appreciate her but I'm starting to wish we were those kinds of friends who protect each other when drunk.

"How are you feeling?" I ask hoping she'll end up asking the same. 

"good, a little hungover but pretty good . . . you?" She asks and I smile. 

"Me too I guess, I just can't recall anything and it's honestly driving me insane for some reason," I explain. 

"Well maybe you should try to shift your focus, instead of trying so hard to remember, instead try to just relax and have fun, your memories will start coming back to you the less hungover you are, that's what always happens to me anyway," she explains and I realize she must have gone through this a hundred times.

The food finally arrives and I now realize how hungry I actually am.

 "I'm starving," I say and grab a burger. Ava smiles and hands me the coffee, 

"Here drink this it's good for you," she explains. I don't really like coffee and especially coffee with a burger but I decide to give it a try. After a few bites and a few sips, I already feel better. My head still hurts but I'm way more ‚me' now.

"That guy you were with was really cute I didn't see his face but he looked hot." She giggles and I smile. It's typical of Ava to think someone is hot after only seeing the back of their head.

I blush at her words "Yeah I know he's pretty handsome." I admit. 

"He's a keeper, he took care of you the whole night you know," she says and my eyes instantly go wide. 

"Wait, what?!" I say surprised and a little annoyed why can't she ever tell me the important details right away?

 Ava has always been this way, she doesn't exactly think of how anything will actually affect others and if the topic isn't about her, she'll barely bring it up.

"Is there anything else I should know?" I ask annoyed. Her facial expressions show me she's thinking about it but yet no words come out.

 "Not really," she says, crushing every possible romance scene I had made up in my mind.