“Hmph.” Fen Dai said with disdain: “She actually has the right to participate in the palace banquet. I really don’t know if it’s Feng Yu Heng giving her face or if it’s his Highness the fourth prince giving her a chance.” After she finished speaking, she looked toward Feng Zhao Lian and said with an ulterior motive: “Of course, it’s also possible that she secretly enticed his Highness the seventh prince.”

Feng Zhao Lian did not care about such things, as he urged Fen Dai to bring him to see Xiang Rong. Fen Dai did not hold back and immediately stood up, bringing him outside.

It just so happened that Feng Jin Yuan was in the residence today. He also heard that Miss Lian had come. At this moment, he was standing in the front yard, waiting for him. Rashly charging into his daughter’s courtyard was not too good, but the front yard was a place that Feng Zhao Lian would need to pass when leaving the residence. He just remained there, refusing to believe that he would not be able to see the person.

Just as he was thinking about it, he looked up and saw Fen Dai bringing an exceptionally beautiful girl in his direction, Feng Jin Yuan felt a little nervous. His palms became sweaty, and a feeling of being out of practice filled his heart. It caused him to feel completely at a loss for a bit of time.

Fen Dai also saw Feng Jin Yuan, and she could not help but secretly curl her lips into a smile. She wanted Feng Jin Yuan to see her getting along with Feng Zhao Lian. Like this, she could have this father stop trying to curry favor with Feng Yu Heng. Instead, he would continue to listen to her. Although Feng Jin Yuan no longer had any value, she was still a girl that had not yet gotten married. In the future, she would still need to marry out of the Feng residence. If Feng Jin Yuan did not gain a bit of face for her, her wedding would truly be too lacking in glory.

While thinking, Feng Jin Yuan had already begun heading over. Feng Zhao Lian rolled his eyes and hid behind Fen Dai with a great loathing. He then said: “Just stay over there! Men and women should accept not being too close. Master Feng, please have some self-respect.”

Feng Jin Yuan awkwardly stood in place. Rubbing his hands, he smiled, “Miss Lian, you came.” That desperate attempt to curry favor caused even Fen Dai to want to kick him to death.

Feng Zhao Lian was even less polite, “Are you a sycophant? Why does it look like drool is about to pour out?”

Feng Jin Yuan quickly wiped his mouth. It was indeed a bit moist. He felt a bit embarrassed, but his gaze was still staring straight at Feng Zhao Lian. To be able to look and admire this person from such a close distance, Feng Jin Yuan felt that this was a great luxury.

Fen Dai found it a little hard to continue watching and glared at Feng Jin Yuan, saying: “Does father need anything? If there’s nothing, please move aside. We are going to speak with third sister.”

“Hm?” Feng Jin Yuan was startled, “What are you looking for her for?”

“Girls will talk about girls’ things. Why is a father like you concerning yourself with everything?” Feng Zhao Lian was exceedingly irritated with Feng Jin Yuan, as she prodded Fen Dai with her arm: “Does your family not have a female presence? Why does your father look like he hasn’t seen a woman in a hundred years?”

Fen Dai helplessly said: “There is a head madam and a second madam. Unfortunately, they both have not come back for many months. Father is hoping to find a beautiful lady to bring home, but I don’t know what sort of beauty would want to enter the Feng residence.” After saying this, she did not care that Feng Jin Yuan was still blocking the way, as she pulled Feng Zhao Lian forward.

Feng Jin Yuan was too embarrassed to get in the way of the two girls, and he quickly moved to the side. Only then did the two happily escape. When Feng Zhao Lian looked back, he deliberately said in a loud voice: “I will be participating in the banquet for the Mid-Autumn Festival in a few days. Sister Fen Dai, who in your family will be going?”