Frenemies? Part 2

Part 2 is up! Only one more chapter after this! Also, you might get one of the inside jokes if you read Omega of the dead heroes 😉

This story I'm pretty much done with. Just one more chapter after this. I know I have in updated in forever but I am loosing interest in this. I seriously thought about giving up on it but I promised myself I wouldn't give up on any story's. So y'all better appreciate this even though it's horrible.

         Percy's POV,

         I stumbled into the person in front of me as we hit solid ground. My head still spun from the teleportation and I held my hand to my fore head.

        I heard a groan and looked down at Luke lying on the ground from me running into him. He rolled over and rubbed his temples. I snarled before observing our surroundings.

         The desert landscapes was practically bare except for a few sand caves and dusty bunny's rolling around. The scorching sun burned my skin as I brushed the sand off me.

This must be Thesus. Not exactly welcoming.

         "We should find a city. Settle down for the night and then find a member of the Frail," I said recalling the odd name of the enemy group.

         "Whatever," Luke mumbled from his spot on the ground.

         Luke crawled to his feet beside me and glared. I scoffed before heading in the direction I thought the nearest city would be. Stupid son of Hermes just had to come. Curse Chaos's choosing skills.

"Wait up!" The annoying prick yelled from behind me. I rolled my eyes and kept walking forward.

"How about you catch up!" I shouted back at him and heard him snark before running to catch up with me. I can believe I'm going to be stuck with this guy for the next few days. Could it get any worse?

-:-

It got worse.

We've been walking in silence for hours and yet still no sight of a city. The sun was just barely peeking out from above the horizon line and it wasn't going to be there long.

"We should set up camp," Luke said as he swung his bag off his back. I glanced back at him and rolled my eyes.

"Really? I didn't think of that," I chided. I pulled off my own pack and started unraveling my sleeping bag.

Now, why is it such a problem to sleep outside of a city? Well, this way, if I have another nightmare or breakdown I can't go and hide in a room away from Luke. It's bad enough that he's already had to comfort me.

"What are you doing?" Luke asked as I set my sleeping bag down four meters away from him.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I brought a tent." Oh. Great, just peachy. I glanced at the makeshift tent Luke had set up and groaned as I made up my mind to joined him inside. It was better than sleeping in the cold outside.

I fell asleep fast after the tiring day of trying to put up with the stupid son of Hermes. I wish it wasn't so easy for sleep to reach me. 'Cause at sleep...

That's when the nightmares come.

————————————————————————

Luke's POV,

Percy beside me fell asleep within minutes while I sat staring at the tent canvas. I was worried we wouldn't arrive in time. What would Chaos do if we failed our mission we never failed our missions.