The Past

Sorry for the slow updates, there are just too many books I'm ready right now.
     Contains Abuse, alcohol, swearing and mental illness. Most of this chapter is a flashback.

        Nico's POV,

         A month later and everyone still doesn't seem to know who Percy is. Just the other day he walked up to Hazel and started talking to her but she acted as if he wasn't there. Right now, it was happening again.

        Piper was chatting with Frank about Canada (Piper has traveled there with her Dad) when Percy walked up. I watched silently from the shadows. The pair didn't seem to notice the son of Poseidon as he walked up to them.

       "Frank, I was wondering if you could teach me how to use a bow and arrow better." He said. Frank remained deep in conversation with Piper, completely ignoring Percy.

      "Frank?" Percy waved his hand in Franks face. "Dude, you there?"

        Piper got up and walked past Percy with Frank by her side. I looked in horror at Percy's hurt expression. He stared at where his former friends were standing before. I watched his fists clench before he took of running to his cabin.

         I felt sick to my stomach. How could they just ignore him like that? How is it that they could simply act like he didn't exist?

         That night at dinner is happened again, and again, and again. Every time someone passed Percy it was like he was t even there. One person, a daughter of Hephaestus, ran into him and then looked around to find what she'd bumped into even though he was right there.

         "What the Hades guys!" I yelled at the seven-rather what's left of them- and slammed my fist on the table. They looked at me in alarm. "What's with all this ignoring Percy crap!"

        "Nico," Annabeth said and rested a hand on my shoulder. "We're really worried about you. This Percy Jackson person you keep talking about... he's not real."

        I stared at her in shock before shoving her hand of my shoulder. "What?"

      "This May come across harsh," Hazels soothing voice came, "but he's not real. He's just a figment of your imagination."

        "No..." I muttered. "No. He has to be real. He was my friend! He was your friend!"

        I sat down and Hazel wrapped her arms around me. I sat there for hours just pondering. He couldn't be fake... could he?

        That day I was told Percy Jackson didn't exist... and I believed it.

————————————————————————
One month later...

         Percy's POV,

This is harder than I thought. I had hope that perhaps I could fix things between He everyone but over the past month things have just gotten worse. If I try to talk to anyone they just walk past me, I'm non-existent.

You may say that's impossible or perhaps I'm overreacting. I wish.

       I sat staring out at the campers around me. Their chatter a numbing buzz in my ears. People shuffled around my table mindlessly, not meeting my gaze. I glanced at a particular group laughing and smiling at each other. Her smile was bright as she mocked another member of their group. His blue eyes were wide with joy and her brown hair flung widely as she made move to jump on the blondes back.

         I could be there, I thought distantly. I was there. No longer am I their friend. No longer an I anybody. A long time ago, I was in a very similar situation, people ignoring me, had no friends. A long time ago, I was a nobody... and like a circle, I'm back.