Frenemies? Part 1

Hi! Sorry I haven't updated in about a week. I am just procrastinating life at this point. Eek.

       So excited for this chapter y'all!

Luke's POV,

I was walking casually down the hallway with Ethan when I heard the cry. It was a sad strange sound that could twist ones heart. It was coming from Omega's room. I froze.

"I mean, she is she such an idiot. Who in the Hades thinks shooting an arrow at— what?" Ethan froze mid sentence as he stared at my sudden stop.

"Oh um... nothing," I said as I eyed the commanders door suspiciously. That's the fourth time this week. What is going on with that guy? Didn't he used to be mister nothing-affects-me?

Whatever it was, there was no need to drag Ethan into it. I glanced at the door once more before turning to Pirate. "How about you go ahead. I'll catch up in a bit."

The warrior eyed me with concern before shrugging it off and heading towards the training room. Once sure he was out of sight, I carefully moved towards the door.

Percy wasn't the same, that's for sure. He was quieter, but in a scary way. He was closed off and dark. Something in his eyes screamed of a lost soul, drifting endlessly through the galaxy's with no destination.

He never showed any liking towards me, which was oddly disappointing. He hated me in fact. It didn't mater, the feeling was mutual. He got lucky. He got Annabeth, he got to be the hero, praised by the gods. I dreamed of all that. I dreamed of forgiveness, of no longer being the traitor. He had everything and yet he still hated the world, or so it seemed as much.

Nevertheless, despite my spiteful feelings towards the hero, I still felt bad for his misery. What could possibly have change him?

Since joining the army five hundred Chaos years ago, I haven't been able to understand him. He wasn't Percy, he was... Omega.

These thoughts ran through my head as I pushed the door to my commanders room open. There he was, sitting—more like curled up— on the bed with tears streaming from his eyes. I stood there in shock as a painful sob escaped his lips.

Suddenly I feel this was a all bad idea. Why did I need to help him? But looking at his destroyed self I knew I had to help him. No one deserved to be in pain. Even annoying unappreciative sons of Poseidon.

I slowly made my way over to him. He was so lost in his misery he didn't notice me sit down next to him until I wrapped my arms around him.

I felt him stiffen before giving up and relaxing into the embrace. He shock with each cry and sympathy expanded inside me. Oh gods, this must be torture for him. I could feel his pain as it rolled of him in waves that spread across the room.

"They... they forgot.." he tried to choke out. "I'm sorry... I-"

"Shhh," I cut him off before moving him to a comfortable position on his bed. "There's no need to explain."

And there wasn't. He was hurting and that's all that mattered. For that moment I pushed away my hate for him as I pulled his blue covers up over him.

"Just take deep breaths," I offered and he did. After a few minutes his sobbing stopped and now tears were silently falling from his eyes. As he calmed down I saw the exhaustion take over him and slowly he fell asleep.

I frowned, made sure the covers were tucked nicely around him and left the room. I shut the door behind me, trying to make as little noise as possible. I glanced back at the door and one thought filled me head.