27. Reason To Rush

Namjoon eyed the water condensed on the side of the glass. His mind seemed to be working overtime as he thought of his behaviour.

Why did I agree? Am I being too filial?

Why didn't I shot down the idea as soon as it was brought up?

"Namjoon-ah, are you done drowning in your worries?"

He got startled out of his trance as his father took a seat beside him.

"Oh? No, I was just thinking about a song." Namjoon lied as he didn't want to make his father worry. He didn't want to show that he was having second thoughts.

His father sighed in defeat as if he knew that his son was lying to him, "You know I'm proud of you, right son? I've seen you struggle and reach where you are now. You've achieved your dreams. As a father I couldn't be happier but I also know it's difficult. I just want you to see settled in... Secure and stable. I want you to have someone you can go to when times would be hard."

"Appa but why so suddenly?" Namjoon blurts out. Apologizing for the interruption, he asks again, "Why an arranged marriage?"

"Because then you won't have to worry about the credibility of the relationship. Jiyeon is someone we've known. You don't have to second guess about her intentions."

Namjoon breaths out heavily and a sad smile graces his face as understanding dawns upon him.

They're just worried about me. Typical parent mentality.