17. It's Like That

The marriage was something Namjoon understood but the hurry behind it, he couldn't comprehend that.

He understood that his parents wanted him to settle down and have a family but the only thing he couldn't understand is, why an arranged marriage?

His parents could've waited for him to date a girl he likes, though considering his career, it would've taken some time but wasn't impossible.

"What's on your mind?" Namjoon's sister interrupted his train of thoughts.

Without turning to face her, "Why everything is being rushed?" He asked.

"Jihee won't utter a word to me about this weird promise our dads made! You know what oppa? I've heard so much about Jiyeon unnie from Jihee but I never thought she'd be so pale and confused." She changes the topic. "Jihee said that her Jinwoo oppa is the only who makes unnie feel safe... You'll have a tough time to do the same."

"I know... But I doubt she'll want to be safe with me. Considering I won't be around much."

"Jinwoo oppa isn't around much too. You know he's a Captain. He went into military as soon as he graduated high school."

"He didn't return, yet?" Namjoon asked incredulously.

"No. No one knows why but everyone thought he would come back and yet he didn't. Jihee said that he didn't visit during holidays." She turned to face him, "It's been four years."