4. Came Back Home

Namjoon removed the mask as soon as he entered his home. He had to take a few days off since his mom called him back for something important.

As he took a seat on the couch, his mom brought him a glass of water while his sister, wordlessly took a seat besides him.

"Eomma? What was so important that you needed me here?" He asked after gulping down the water.

"About that..." She sighed heavily while giving his sister a glance, "We'll talk after your appa comes back."

••••••

"We've decided that you should get married." Namjoon's dad said as he finished eating.

Namjoon choked on his food and immediately his sister started patting his back after offering him a glass of water.

"You should've waited for him to finish his food." His mom said in disapproval.

"The girl is daughter of my close friend. I gave him a word that our kids would tie a knot and it's about time you should start a family." His dad said without letting anyone interrupt.

"She knows about me?" Namjoon asked bitterly knowing that it would be next to impossible to hope that the girl wouldn't know about him or his career.

"She doesn't." Mom answered instead which he didn't realize or registered it in his anxious mind.

"When do I have to meet her?" He asked thinking of ways to get away from the situation but ended up with useless scenarios.

His sister slid something across the table and it was a photograph, "She's beautiful." She said encouragingly.

"Tomorrow." His dad answered as Namjoon took the photo without looking at it.

Why do I have to get married now? How am I supposed to bring this up with the company?