9. Missed Something

Mark approached the table, "Hi, I'm Mark." He said and removed the mask after she turned to face him. He waited for her to squeal but she looked at him blankly.

"Hi." She simply smiled and waved at him.

Her smile. Mark thought as she gestured him to take a seat, it wasn't until she called his name that the boy broke out the trance.

"Sorry." He mumbled in embarrassment. "How long have you been waiting? I'm sorry about that, I was caught up at work."

"It- it's alright." Her grip tightened on the soft toy and he noticed that. Surprisingly she opened it and removed a toffee, it was then that Mark understood it was a bag. "You want some?" She asked holding a wrapped toffee in front of him.

He smiled at her cuteness, "No thanks." He watched her struggle with the rejection then she finally stuffed the extra toffee back in. "What's your hobby?" He asked forgetting the pleasantries, heck he forgot to ask for her introduction due to her smile.

"Oh! I love to paint but writing mostly becomes a hobby." She said cheerfully and he felt a small smile creep on his face.

Jiyeon was happy that she wasn't acting weird like her sister insists. She felt nice that she was doing something her parents wanted her to do.

Just like that they spent almost an hour talking about their interests and hobbies, likes and dislikes; mostly she did the talking. He didn't mind, he liked how she kept talking to herself.

Mark didn't mind it. He was smiling all the time looking at her talking so intently. Then he noticed the time and remembered that he had a recording scheduled.

"Hey, I'm sorry but I gotta leave. I had a great time, hope we can meet again. I have work. Bye." Mark waved goodbye and left reluctantly.

I shouldn't have arranged for this recording session.... He thought gloomily realizing that his plan to escape backfired since he actually enjoyed the date.

After he reached the recording studio that he felt his heart drop in his stomach.

I didn't ask for her name or her number!