26. Work It Or Not

She sighed happily at the warmth provided by the blankets. She nuzzled into the pillow while pulling the blanket closer to her.

She finally felt safe.

Thinking of the incident that happened today, she felt lucky to have escaped when she saw the chance. Jiyeon still regrets the fact that she met up with the wrong person, despite his intentions. She has stayed away from people most of her life and suddenly this influx of interactions is uncomfortably foreign.

She still felt overwhelmed with the thought that she was the same girl who wasn't fast enough once.

She wanted to tell this to her oppa but he never picked up her calls. He never visited during his time off. He didn't even say goodbye to her so she knew that he'd be back because her oppa wasn't someone who'd leave her.

Suddenly she felt the blanket pulled away from her, "Eunnie, you can't stay cooped up here! You should join us in the lounge, downstairs! Get to know Namjoon oppa more!"

Grunting in discomfort, "Can't this be done tomorrow? I don't wanna go anywhere now."

Jihee wasn't going to have any of her sister's antics, "No! You got three days until the contract signing and tomorrow there's your engagement ceremony. Atleast get to know him better, I know I don't have any say in this but atleast I can see to it that you guys could get along." She hesitantly pulled her sister up in a sitting position and held Jiyeon's hand in hers, "You know you can talk to him about cancelling this whole thing or... Or you can arrange a plan to work it out."

Jiyeon pondered over her sister's advice for a while and then eyed the door as if she was planning on getting out of the bed but suddenly with surprising swiftness, snatched the blanket from her sister's hands and went back under.

"Or not." Jihee sighed in defeat and left.