Epilogue

Apollo Pov:

I stared at the little girls from my perch in the rafters. My messy chocolate hair was messy, but I didn't care too much, my pointed ears still protruding easily. Artemis was far to happy to watch the little humans and fae children together.

Of course, I was forced to accompany her and watch the children. Lily was there too, and seemed just as happy to help. I wasn't sure why I was need in this. There were about fifteen kids down there. Artemis, Lily, and Lily's younger brother Aster. Aster was two years younger than my seventeen and also forced to hang out in this room with the eight and belows.

I had three younger sisters now, instead of just my already obnoxious twin. Athena was thirteen and Aphrodite was seven, but little Hera was only three. I wasn't sure why mom and dad wanted five children, they weren't the ones trying to repopulate.

"Apollo, come down here!" Artemis complained, pulling one of the three year old humans away from the food table. "I will get food for you, I don't want you knocking it over," Artemis scolded the child quietly.

"No thanks," I replied, pulling at my slightly curly hair. She glared at me, a soft sigh leaving her lips.

"Aren't you going to have children some day? You have to learn to take care of them! Dont leave us three to do it ourselves," she added, crossing her arms. She was talking about her, Lily, and Aster.

"Yeah, yeah, sure," I replied with a dismissive wave. We both knew I wasn't having children of my own. I much preferred men, and if my mate happened to be a female, I would have to accept her, but I doubted that would happen. "And I am watching. Watching for danger, from above, where I don't have to interact with anyone," I added.

"Apollo, how did you even get up there?" Aster asked curious, his fingers at work braiding on of the little girl's hair, his head tilted up at me. I narrowed my eyes at the human, pointing to the small cracks in the wall I had used to climb.

"Those cracks," I replied easily, lifting my shoulders in a shrug. I was strong, such a climb was quite easy. He wasn't sure why Aster had asked in the first place though.

"Oh? Can you show me? I wasn't here when you climbed up..." he explained, giving me a look similar to puppy dog eyes. My mother like to call me a cactus, but on the inside I was honey, or something like that. In short, I was mean to people, but those that open my heart I only showed love to. Mom was one of those people.

"Fine," I grumbled. I placed my hands on the rafter below me, lowering myself down before I let go, my boots landing softly on the ground. Suddenly, I was tackled by everyone, Aster leading the charge. A scowl contorted my lips. I fell right into that trap. I was forced to the ground, little kids and Artemis, Lily, and Aster climbing onto me.

"Gotcha," he said, a teasing light in his voice and eyes. I rolled my own eyes, flashing him my sharp fae teeth. Unfortunately, it only made him giggle in response.

"Now you have to stay and help us entain these energetic bundles!" Lily declared, pinching my bicep. I turned my glare to her. She was more afriad of me than Aster, a lot more, glancing away from my eyes and moving back.

"Fine," I huffed again. "I'll help. When are you guys leaving anyways?" I asked, directing my question at Aster.

"Want us gone already?" He teased, helping me up to my feet. I gave him a look, making him erupt into musical laughter once again. I listened to the sound for a moment, biting the inside of my cheek as I waited for an actual reply. "The humans are only visiting for another three days. I'll be gone by then, but you know how our moms love to meet~" he added.

"True," I grumbled. Some sort of honey pastry was abruptly pushed between my lips by Aster's fingers. It was delicious and I couldn't help but chew, a little sound of delight leaving my throat.

"My mom's famous honey buns. Best look forward to seeing us more often," he smirked, tucking his hands into his pockets. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head, but I had to lick the extra honey from my lips. It tasted really good.

"I guess I could look forward to that."