chapter nine

Gabriel pov:

I stood in front of the doors that lead into the castle. Damion would arrive any minute with the humans. I turned to my messenger and yuki.

"Are extra room prepared?" I asked Jacob. He gave a nod, dipping his head.

"Yes sir, they are smaller than miss yuki's room though, we ran out of the big rooms." He explained. I nodded.

"You have a big room for mother nature?" I stared at him as he thought about it. When he nodded my lips flickered into a smile. "Good job."

He nodded, a smile of his own on his face. I looked to yuki, her head tilting to the side in silent inquiry.

"Are you ready to meet more humans?" I asked. She gave a small close lipped smile.

"Yes. Are planning to change any into Fae?" She questioned. I nodded slowly.

"If there is an extra human with no pair, he will most likely be changed." I stared at the door, footsteps entering my ears. The doors groaned as they opened, damion and six humans now in sight. Only six.

"Sir. There were 20 to start, then they attacks. My men killed most of them off," damion quickly explained. I sighed, running a hand through my chocolate hair.

"That's fine. I assume the average for each court territory is, or was, about 20." I added. I turned to the human, giving them a bright smile. "Welcome to the sun castl-"

"Sun castle?" Yuki rolled her eyes, interrupting me. "That's a stupid name, the castle of the sun sounds better," she added. She took a couple steps toward the humans, holding her hand out to a girl that looked her age. When their hands touched, yuki pulled her into a hug.

The other humans moved closer to Yuki, seeking comfort in another human. When she pulled out of the hug she examined the other 5 humans, sighing a little.

"I am Yuki, age 17, what are your names?" She asked. The girl she had hugged smiled. She had messy red hair and bright green eyes.

"I am maya," she said. Yuki nodded. "Age 17," maya was 3 inches taller than the five foot 1 Yuki. Yuki nodded, she glanced at me, walking over. Her hands gently brushed my arm, leaning up to my ear.

"You won't turn anyone, correct?" She asked. I nodded slowly, blinking as she walked away. I would not turn anyone here. Maya blinked in confusion when Yuki returned to her.

"What was that about?" Maya whispered. Yuki laughed a little.

"I asked him a question, thats all," she waved a hand as if shrugging the matter off. "Wanna go to my room after Jacob shows you where yours is?" She asked. Maya nodded quickly, Jacob leading both away. I shook my head a little, walking towards the other humans. they seemed less frightened now.

"Welcome to the castle of the sun," I greeted. "my messenger, Jacob, will be back shortly and will help you find your room. this castle runs on magic, so do not be surprised if the food that you want randomly appears in front of you. you will be staying here for 4 days, mother nature will partner you up so you can reproduce the human population of this world." I explained. they looked nervous but nodded. for a moment I wondered what Damion and his men did to make them so obedient. 

I lead them into the castle, all of them huddling as Damion shut the doors. Jacob quickly returned, a small frown on his face as he leads three of the humans away. two girls that looked to be around late twenty or early thirties. when he returned to take the rest, I and Damion walked to the mirror room. Once we entered the secret door he sat down on the floor with a small sigh. 

"Sooo, what is with you and Yuki?" Damion asked, walking to the mirror and brushing his finger across it, whispering. "Maya," the mirror rippled until a picture of Maya and Yuki appeared. Yuki had the book of joke open, both of them sitting on her bed giggling. Damion rolled his eyes. "looks like she settled in, Yuki I mean."

"yes. though she may feel sad when the humans leave," I ran a hand through my hair nervously, leaning against the wall. "do you think she will influence the humans to be more feisty?" I asked. He scratched his head.

"Maybe," he shrugged. Yuki was glaring at us, I knew she did not know how we were watching her, but she knew we were watching. She shook her head, ignoring us as the two continued to read. "Now, what is going on between you and Yuki?" He asked again. I sighed, looking away to hide my slight blush.

"Nothing. Last night she drank to much fae wine and we both fell asleep talking," not entirely a lie. Damion rose a brow. He snickered, than was serious again.

"What will you do when you find your mate?" He asked.

"If. If I find her, then I will stay with her." I said. He shook his head a little.

"And if Yuki finds her mate?" Damion asked. I held my breath. Anger and protectiveness bubbled in my stomach at the thought of another Male touching her.

If his hands snaked across her body, if her mate's lips touched her. I wanted to growl, jealousy filling me. I was not like this. I shook my head, clearing my thoughts.

"That's fine," i said, my voice short and almost choked out. Damion narrowed his eyes.

"You can do what you want. I just don't want you to regret it later." He explained. I nodded slowly.

"I know, I know," I whispered.