Chapter twenty-four

Yuki Pov:

I could hear the soft sound of hoof beats, a sigh slipping past my lips. I know I wanted to tour the lands of our country, but I was feeling tired, and very heavy at the moment.

I rested a hand on my rounded stomach, content to remain leaning against a tree. Of course, my luck was against me and I could see the horses far too soon.

We had made camp in the middle of nowhere, so a few warriors went scouting in the morning. Now that they have returned, it meant it was time to go, and I really did not want to get off my feet. I sighed again.

"Another sigh?" The high pitched voice of my pixie companion giggled. Autumn, the odd human out, had turned in the lowest faery rank, the pixie. Her powers were interesting, but she mainly used it for calming purposes.

"Yes, Autumn," I replied, pushing myself off the tree. I waddled forward a bit, peering through the undergrowth. One thing good about the scouts return, was my mate. I couldn't help but smile when I saw his horse, Charlie, plodding through the grass at a steady trot.

"Oh, but you are happy about Gabriel, hmm?" Autumn teased. I glanced at the pixie perched on my shoulder, flashing a smile.

"Of course. You will know when you find your own mate," I told her, quickly turning my attention to my love again. When he was close enough, he quickly slid from his horse, his beautiful smile on his lips as he jogged to greet me.

Autumn dodged his arms as they wrapped around me, taking a seat in the tree branches and looking away. I giggled at her antics before focusing on my husband again, kissing him softly.

"How did the scouting go?" I asked, running my fingers through his soft hair. I loved his hair. He gave a content hum at my actions, snuggling his face into the crook of my neck.

"It went well, the village is probably a few hours away, judging by the trail, so you will have a nice, warm, bed in no time," he mumbled against my skin. I could feel the smile on his lips.

"All I need is you," I replied, a bit teasingly I will admit. Gabriel looked at me, rolling his eyes before returning to the larger group to help back up.

"Shouldn't you help too?" Autumn asked, landing silently on my shoulder. She used my cheek as support as she fixed her little leaf shoe.

"I can't. I got a baby inside me!" I smiled, hands on my hips. Autumn snickered.

"A baby that will be out in a few months," she added, returning to a sitting position and kicking her heels.

"Shouldn't you be helping?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her as she began talking about me again. Autumn tsked at me, shaking her head.

"Nope. I will get sat on by Damion. I am telling you, he does it on purpose. He sees me relaxing in a sunny spot and goes over to step on me!" She complained. I snickered, my two colored eyes searching for my husband's advisor.

Autumn was technically my advisor, even though it was a high rank for a pixie to hold. No one at the castle minded, but other courts didn't care for her. Apparently, Damion didn't either.

I stomped over to the tall male. He was talller than my husband, but I refused to be intimidated by someone just because if height. I placed my hands on my hips, glaring up at him. His obnoxious smirk was already on his lips.

"And what brings you to me, my queen?" He asked in his drawl of a voice. I pursed my lips at his attitude, pointing my finger at his chest.

"You need to stop messing with my advisor," I told him, poking him as hard as I could. He didn't even flinch. This child was making me weaker.

"Okay, your majesticness," he muttered. I could hear the sarcasm. I huffed, my hands curling into fists, nails digging into the palm of my skin. I debated punching him, but my shoes had a very hard sole to help with travel.

I smirked, flashing my sharp teeth before smashing my foot onto his as hard as I could. He winced this time, stumbling away from me.

"Ouch." He whined, reaching down to rub his injured toe. I had already turned away, returning to my resting place by the tree.

"Thank you," Autumn said with a bright smile at me. Then she frowned, playfully punching my cheek. "Don't go doing so many things with that baby inside you," she said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"And what if I want to?" I challenged, rolling my shoulder back and vausing her to wobble slightly. She punched me again, but it felt like a little tiny poke.

"Just don't, or I will tell Gabriel." She stated, her hands on her hips as she nodded resolutely. I rose an eyebrow at her.

"You would go through all the work of flying to my husband, just to say I stomped on his advisors foot? He would probably agree that Damion deserved it."

"Sure, but if I overexagerate, and you know I am good at that, then he would have to come check up on you and tell you to calm yourself," she said, voice still matter of fact. I rolled my eyes.

"You think he could stop me?" I challenged.

"Yeah."

"I could," Gabriel said. I turned to glare at him. Who invited him into this conversation?

"Oh yeah?" I asked, taking a step towards him. Autumns exasperated sigh was easily heard before she flew up to her post in the tree once again.

"Mmhmm," My husband hummed, his calm footsteps silent on the grass.

"And how are you going to do that?"

"When we reach the town I will give you all the honey buns you want if you stay put," he offered.

"Damn." How couldn't I accept that deal?

A/N:

And this is the first update in a while. Hopefully people are still reading this.