chapter eighteen

Yuki pov:

The days went by quickly, plans for the ball taking up our thoughts. Decorations were covering the ball room, but so much more needed to be done.

Magic helped though, it did everything effortlessly, decorating still  took planning and designing though. I was in the ball room, frowning at the white calla lilies. I turned to gabriel.

"Do the lilies mean anything?" I asked. He shook his head, glancing at the flowers.

"Can we make them orange queens?" I asked. He thought about it, looking down at me. He smirked.

"Only if we can add blue ones two," he said. I sighed, but nodded, watching as he closed his eyes bbn in a face of concentration. Suddenly the calla lilies were replaced my small blue and orange flowers, the streamers changing color as well as the table cloth and other scattered decor.

"Thank you!" I squeaked. He nodded, taking a deep breath than hugging me. He burried his head in my neck, breathing deeply. He was tired, so I grabbed his hand, leading him to my room and setting him on my bed. "How do you use magic?" I asked.

"Every magical being has a well of magic inside them. The magic will run out after to much use, but will return after resting. To use it, you have to meditate, master your emotions and control them. Emotion are your magic, you sad, you draw energy from that sadness, your mad, you draw energy from that anger." I nodded, tapping my fingers on his chest.

He kissed my fingers again, rubbing his face on the back of my hand. He pulled me down to the bed with him, hugging me close.

"Whats up?" I asked, nuzzling closer to him. He blinked, staring at me, love in his eyes, and slight confusion.

"I dont know, I just feel like I should protect you."

"Well you should." He rolled his eyes.

"But it feels more. I think to myself all the what ifs and everything get worse. It makes me want to wrap you in a bubble and guard you," he sighed, running a hand through his hair. "It is hard to explain."

"It's okay. If you ever put me in a bubble, I don't know if I would be able to stand it," I fixed his messed up hair, pressing my lips to his softly. He inhaled deeply, grabbing my chin with gentle hands and rubbing his thumb across my jaw.

"Okay, I promise not to put you in a bubble," he whispered against my lips. I laughed, hugging him tightly.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

*************

Unknown pov:

I stared down at my horse, and sighing loudly. We would reach the docks soon, which meant sea sickness. My mate brushed her finger across my shoulder in comfort. She kissed my cheek.

"Its okay Ari, I know you get sick on boats but we do have to sail all the way to the sun court, unless you would rather ride through all the courts you hate until you get to the border between the sun court and the day court, but who knows the glacial path may have melted," she shrugged, watched the trees beside her. I rolled my eyes.

"We could always go down to dusk and then to moon and then up to sun," I suggested. She pat my shoulder again.

"Baby, you would have to go through all the courts if you did that." She said. I frowned.

"I would definitely not like to do that," I shuttered at the thought of passing through all the courts. Sure, my court, the night court, is allied with the sun and the moon. We are on bad terms with day, dusk, and dawn, walking through their land would not end up going well. "How are the humans doing?" I asked.

"Good. They are a little further ahead and when night falls we should finally meet up with them." She explained. I nodded, stretching my hand into the air.

"Cool, looks like kane with be having more humans to pair up than she thought. How many did we have?" I questioned, looking to her as i let my hands fall to my sides.

"We had about 24, though some may have died on the journey. Also, you shouldn't call mother nature by her real name, it is impolite," she stated.

"What should I call her then?" I rose my brow at her, a smirk forming on her lips.

"Mother nature."

"Can I call her miss kane?" I asked. She sighed, shaking her head at my words, but nodded to my question.

"Fine, you can call her, miss kane."