chapter eight

This is how my Faeries work:

Yuki pov:

"Okay, I will begin," gabriel said, giving me another soft smile. I nodded. "I will start with ranks. The highest and strongest rank are the high Fae. They can control more than one of the elements and also have different powers to control others. For example, Damion can make people black out and spread the plague using his wind element. He, and all other high Fae have the power to turn someone into a fae if they kiss them on the lips. It takes a full week for the 'kissed' to turn though." Gabreil explained.

"So I will turn in... 6 days?" I asked. He nodded then continued.

"Next is the upperclass Fae. They are strong and normally have 1 or 2 elements to control. They are weaker than high Fae, but both high Fae and upperclass Fae respect each other. Upperclass Fae normally help the high Fae as well as their... community.

"Below them are the regular Fae. Some have and element, some don't. They are peaceful and live their live similar to humans, though they may get angry if you tell that to them.

"Then the pixies. They always stick together and can cause trouble. If they like you, though, they will love you and most likely give you flower crowns. There are two types of pixies though, the calm and the... crazy. The calm can create an aura of calm around anything, they can also help the trees and nature grow by singing. The crazy are troublemakers and mess will everyone and everything," he explained. He took a breath, moving to lean on the back board. I moved beside him, tracing the muscle lines on his arm.

"To cast magic, we don't use spells. We use hand movements." I looked up at him expectantly, making his chuckle. He waved his hand in a circle twice, snowflakes appearing in the hair before gently falling. I smiled in awe. "I will teach you more once you get your magic."

"How are you so sure I will get any magic?" I rose a brow at him. He rolled his eyes before giving me a soft smile.

"You're strong, I know you will get some type of magic." He shrugged. "Do you have any questions so far?" He asked. I nodded.

"How many high Fae are out there?" I asked, glanced to the wall where outside was for effect. I still wanted a window.

"About 20. There are 10 times the amount of each rank. Upperclass Fae will sometimes find mates In High fae though." He added. I blinked up at him. Find mates. Interesting use of words.

"Can you explain mates?" I asked. I though I saw blush brush across his cheeks, but when it vanished I shrugged it off.

"S-sure," oh, he stuttered. Interesting. "Mates are soulmates. They are meant to be together, chosen by mother nature. When they touch it feels like sparks. Everyone, even human have a soulmate. Humans can't tell if they found their mate or not though. When you look into your mates eyes the first time, you will feel connected. You bond yourself together by taking each others blood. Or biting each other." Biting each other? That is interesting. Everything is interesting.

"Do you have sharp teeth or something?" I asked. He touched his chin for a moment.

"Yeah. Fae used to be beasts, using only instinct to live, so we have sharp teeth. We evolved to be able to make our teeth sharp or not." He explained. I nodded again.

"Can I see your teeth?" I asked. He chuckled, a blush sliding across my nose.

"Well, we have a beast form and a human form. My beast form has horns and red eyes as well as sharp teeth. As the rank go down, the beast forms are more prominent. Pixies can turn into a full animal, regular Fae are close but they have a lot more control, upperclass Fae differ between power. The more power the less beast the more control. I can turn completely into my beast form, but there is halfway between that is more comfortable to be in," He explained.

"So you have a lot of power?" I asked. It was his turn to nod. "Cool."I whispered. "Do you have like certain beasts or is it just random each time?"

"For stronger Fae, their beast will always look the same, for pixies it is random." He caught my hand, kissing my fingers as I thought about it.

"Are you the king of all fae?" He chuckled, shaking his head.

"I am the king of the sun court. There are 6 courts. Sun, moon, dawn, dusk, stars, night and day. (North America is sun, south America is moon, Europe is dawn and Africa is dusk, Asia is day and Australia is night.) Each court has different rules and different kings and queens. Once a king or queens finds their mate the court becomes stronger."

"Do you have a mate?" I asked timidly. He shook his head, giving me a small smile. I debated pulling away. He had a mate out there somewhere and I was just another person in his life. I stayed cuddled to his chest. When his mate appears I will leave, simple as that.

"Let's go greet Damion. He has more humans from our land that are immune to the plague, though he did not turn them. We will be meeting mother nature soon, so she can pair up the humans so their race can regrow." I nodded, sliding off the bed and stretching.

"Will the magic closet have the perfect outfit for this occasion?" I asked. He nodded, pulling on his armor and walking out the door with a wave.

"My messenger will get you in a few minutes, be ready," he said as he shut the door behind him. I sighed, my face heating up. I really kissed him. I kissed the Fae king.

Shivers flew up my back, goosebumps running along my skin. I stumbled to the closet, opening it and sighing as another dress draped over my body. It went to my knees and was short sleeves this time.

My hair was still in a bun, but tighter this time, tiny golden hearts hanging from my ears to match my necklace. I opened the locket as I shut the closet door. My family. By becoming a Fae I become stronger.

"Mom, I will be strong, for you, for all of you," I whispered. I closed the locker, kissing it once more. My head snapped to the door as a knock knock echoed into the room. "Come in!" I shouted.

The messenger pushed open the door, dipping his head. He did not enter my room though. "Miss heta, please follow me."I suddenly felt bad for him.

"Call me yuki, that's my real name, what is yours?" I asked. He looked surprised as he stared at me.

"Jacob," he whispered as I followed him out the door.