Chapter Twenty-nine

I ruffled Apollo's head to help calm my simmering anger. The meeting had been... something. If it wasn't for the arguments that occured between the Faeries and the humans, the meeting would have been far more productive.

"Momma angry?" The little boy questioned cutely, wrapping his little arms me and burying his face into my neck. I gave a soft smile, holding him in my arms. I shook my head slightly.

"No, no. Just a bit tense is all. But you cheer me up, and make me happy," I told him, my index finger tapping his adorable nose.

"Yay!" He squeaked, a happy smile forming on his face. I gave his forehead a kiss, padding down the hall, leaving the meeting room behind me. "Oh, is Papa home?"

I was surprised he realized which direction we were heading, giving a few blinks. He should be at the stables by now, if his trip had taken the predicted amount of time.

"Hopefully. We are going to check the stables. Do you know where your sister is?" I asked him. The little boy had greeted me when I left the meeting room, still quite attached to me.

"She is playing with the lady's child. The one that smells like honey," he explained, his lips parting in a cute little yawn. Nichol.

"Oh? If she is playing then we shall go greet your father. Why didn't you play with Nichol's child?" I questioned. He was never interested in other children, not even the faery children. Sometimes he played with Artemis, the rest of the time he was with me.

"Okay. I didn't want to play. Miss Mary was watching over them. Sissy is strong and the human is weak," he explained. I nodded in understanding, glad someone was there to watch over them.

"Oh. You just wanted to hang out with your Momma, huh?" I asked, nuzzling his cheek with the tip of my nose. He giggled but nodded his head.

"Mhmm!" He replied. Eventually, we had arrived at the doors to the stables. The winding halls of the castle always took quite a while to travel through. I didn't mind it, the setting was always grand and almost never boring to view.

I gently placed Apollo's feet onto the ground, ruffling his chocolate brown hair that curled up slightly. He looked just like his father, only his eyes were more of an amber color instead of a brown. He looked a bit disappointed that he had been set down but quickly focused his attention on the door.

I could feel the presence of my mate, a smile on my lips as I quickly threw open the door. My eyes met with his immediately, his brown irises lighting up. I was tempted to run into his arms, but I decided against it. Walking gracefully and purposefully towards him.

"Yuki," he said softly, his smile warm. I stared into his eyes before we were finally close enough to each other. I wrapped my arms around him, his own arms pulling me to his chest. I was happy to rest my ear against his tunic, inhaling his delicious scent.

"I missed you," I said softly, fingers curling around the cloth of his shirt. I lifted my head to stare up at him.

"I missed you too," he replied, leaning down and pushing our lips together in a gentle kiss. I had missed the familiar sparks of our skin touching, the pleasurable warmth that spread through me when our lips touched. I sighed softly as he pulled away and I could tell he was a bit disappointed as well.

"Papa, I missed you!" Apollo said shyly from beside us. Gabriel leaned down, planting a kiss onto his forehead before lifting him up.

"I missed you too, Apollo," he said. I couldn't help but smile at their interactions. I knew the little brown-haired boy melted Gabriel's heart. He turned his head towards me, still holding our son in his arms. "How did the meeting go?" He asked.

"Eh." I scowled. "The fighting occurred, as it always does between the fae and humans. We did manage to choose a location though. The faeries mostly live around the castle and they didn't want the humans close." I explained. Gabriel nodded in understanding, leading the way back into the castle. I easily matched his pace. "And how did your trip go?" I questioned. It was his turn to scowl.

"It was fine." His tone was a bit short. I stood up on my tippy toes, giving his cheek a supporting kiss. He sighed softly. "The faeries not attending the meeting were anything but happy with the humans. Of course, we can't do that." He shook his head. I stared at the way his curly brown hair bounced at his movements. My fingers itched to run through his soft hair. I remained focused.

"Oh. Well, once the city is built for humans, I doubt they will leave it. In both fear and hatred toward the Fae." I replied. He gave a nod in agreement.

"True-" suddenly he was cut off by a screech, Autumn appearing directly in front of us. She landed on my shoulder, panting heavily from her fast flight.

"The castle-" she took a deep breath. "The castle has been breached! Dawn court Faeries are attacking!" She explained. My mismatched eyes narrowed disapprovingly.

"Gather the humans into the safe room along with their children. Any Faery able to fight should get themselves prepared." I said quickly. Gabriel gave his nod in agreement.

"The armory is full of new weapons as well as armor for the fae to use. Anyone with a low rank should guard the humans and stay out of troubles way. Where are Artemis and Kane?" My mate asked quickly.

"Apollo said they are with Nichol-" Now it was Mary's turn to run down the hall towards us, Artemis and another little girl in her arms. Gabriel sighed softly in relief.

"I have the little ones. Do you want Artemis and Apollo with humans?" Mary rushed out, her eyes darting from the little boy in Gabriel's arms to me. I looked at my mate, both of us nodding.

"Yes," Gabriel replied, setting Apollo down onto the ground. "Autumn go with them, make sure they make it. Mary, keep my children safe." He said, his brown eyes hard. They both nodded before rushing away. I turned to my mate, determination on my features.

"Let's go."