chapter twenty-eight

Yuki pov:
I woke up to his arms around me. With a happy sigh, I turned around to face him, staring at his sleeping face. He was so handsome.

I have to admit, the first time I saw him I thought he was hot. My past self wouldn't admit that though. Turning into a fae really changed my perspective of him. Or maybe it was the mate thing.

I didn't really care. I was happy. I gently kissed his chin, his long lashes lifting at he peered at me with his soft brown eyes.

"Good morning," I whispered softly, slowly sitting up. The silk blanket that covered me slid from my shoulders. I needed a shower and a change of clothes. First, I needed to see my babies again.

"Morning," he replied, voice deep with sleep, a shiver sliding down my spine. I slid from his grasp and rolled off the bed, onto my feet.

"Good morning my little ones!" I cooed as I peered into the crib. They both lay on their backs, their shoulders touching. "Apollo," I said, leaning down to kiss his nose. "And Artemis," I added, kissing her nose too.

Fifteen months later and both my little kids could walk. Apollo better than Artemis, but both followed me all around the castle as I went through my queen duties.

"Mama, up!" Artemis cooed from beside me, holding her arms upwards, her hand curling into little fists. I bit my bottom lip, her blue eyes staring into my soul.

"Oh, okay," I gave in, lifting her into my arms. "You need to stop taking advantage of your cute wittle face!" I told her, pinching her cheek softly. She giggles, snuggling into my shoulder. "Apollo, do you want up too?" I asked, peering down at him.

His amber eyes were conflicted, little teeth catching his bottom lip. He blinked at Artemis, shifting his weight from foot to foot. Then he nodded, holding his arms up. I smiled softly, using my other hand to lift him up, holding them on each hip.

"Okay, we are going to meet some of the humans. They have come to discuss cities and building them. Since the human population is pretty small, they want to build a city closer to the fae for better trade between us," I told them, but they probably didn't understand. "So be nice to the humans," I added sternly. Be nice was something they would understand.

Both of them nodded, so I continued my walk through the hall. I could hear a light chatter from the meeting room, my steps quickening a bit. I used my foot to push open the slightly cracked door, a large smile on my lips as I greeted the group. My multicolored eyes searched for Nichol, the girl with the honey buns.

I could see Kane, but she was here mostly as a mediator. My mate was absent from the group, he had something to do outside of the castle. The humans were all there, the ones in the sun court's territory that is. Nichol stood up, a large smile on her face as she scurried over to me.

"Aww, twins!" She cooed, her eyes soft as she stared at my shy toddlers, their faces are hidden in my neck.

"They are shy," I told her softly. "Nice to see you again, Nichol."

"It is good to see you too, Yuki," She replied. I turned to the humans behind her, biting my lip at their disproving glances. Their whispers discussed the audacity Nichol had for talking to me, the queen of the sun court. I was tempted to roll my eyes.

"Perhaps we shouldn't speak here. I want you to fit in," I offered softly. God, these children were making me soft. I turned to Artemis, she liked Kane the most and was okay with other people holding her. "Go to Kane, she has some candy for you," I told the little girl. Her eyes lit up, head nodding quickly.

"Okay!" She squeaked. I smiled softly, gently setting her on the marble floor. She quickly darted to mother nature, who picked her up and gave her the little candy she always had in her pocket. I laughed softly, adjusting Apollo in my arms.

"Who cares about those others," Nichol muttered, rolling her eyes. I smirked, flashing my set of sharp teeth. She chuckled, shaking her head a bit. "What are their names?" She asked, staring at Apollo again. The shy boy wasn't as extra as his sister, mostly hiding behind me and trying to be brave, although he failed quite often.

"This little one is Apollo, the candy fiend is Artemis."

"Little gods," She smiled. I nodded, tempted to smirk again, but resisted. "Oh, no smirk?" She teased. How did she know me so well when we had only meant once. She was observant, that was obvious.

"And have you had a child yet?" I questioned. Her smiled brightened, head nodding.

"Mhmm. My hubby has him in our temporary room here at the castle. Another is on the way," She added, patting her stomach. I blinked.

"Already?" I teased back, wiggling my eyebrows at her. She snickered.

"Of course, who else is going to repopulate this area, those girls?" She asked. She leaned forward, whispering gently in my ear. "Just between you and me, it's better if their genetics are not spread," She giggled.  I smirked again, I couldn't help it.

"Mhmm," I agreed.

"And are you expecting another?" She asked. I shook my head, holding my free hand up.

"Oh, no. A new baby and the twins? No, thank you." She laughed.

"Of course," she agreed, nodding her head. "I wouldn't want twins either." I shook my head.

"They are amazing, just a bit hard to take care of," I explained. I waved a hand. "anyways, let's start the meeting," I concluded, heading over to the table and taking my seat at the front of the table, a welcoming smile on my features. Nichol also returned to her seat, everyone quieting down.

"Welcome everyone, thank you for coming." I said calmly. "what would you like to start with?"