Ashes to Explanations

The Creator

I don't know what to do.

I have never seen Fate this distant. Well, I have seen her close to this when I had first woken up after passing out for the first time. That was the time that I was sent the vials. She didn't necessarily seem upset with me, but she seemed almost apathetic towards the situation.

There were no words of encouragement, saying that I was going to be okay. All she said was that I had to drink a vial so often if I was to continue making alternate universes. But now I stand here, without my paintbrush or my vials. Could that be why she is so cold towards the both of us?

"What are we doing here?"

Error asks, actually having the guts to ask the question that has been bouncing around in both of our heads. There is no way that Fate could have brought us to her in chains. How would she even know this Sans? She has to know about the corrupted AU. Would she also know about the corrupted code in the original universe too?

"Error, always straight to the questions." She says, taking a seat in her desk chair across from us. She frames her face with that smile, aware of the discomfort in the atmosphere. And I know Fate, or at least I thought I did, and it looks like she is trying to play that to her advantage.

Her eyes scan over from Error to me, waiting for me to ask my own set of questions. But I can't appear to say anything. "Well then, let's get straight to business." She says, after staring at the shock in my face.

"I know about the corruption in the Undertale universe." And she smiles like she is about to reveal more than just the corruption. "I know Ink made a corrupted AU, that caused more negatives to happen than positives." I could almost choke on the guilt that is crawling up my throat.

"You do know that my...assistant came from that exact creation." She drums her pointed nails on top of the finished wood, looking pleased to see all of these mistakes exposed. But all I can think about is what she is going to do next.

I thought I could have escaped from the embarrassment...and the consequences. I had hoped that I could have fixed the code...with the help of the Destroyer. The fact that I am even sitting next to him, both of us being evaluated on the same playing field, makes me feel awful. He did save my life from the fires of my own mistakes.

But he is the opposite of everything we are supposed to be supporting.

"Not only do I know about the abominations that came from that corrupted universe, I know that the both of you didn't even try to cover up your tracks." She says punctuating each of her words with pure anger. "What the hell do you mean by that?" Error takes her words as the insults they are.

"Are both of you thick in the skull?!" She says trying to contain herself from lashing out completely. It takes everything in my willpower to not let the rest of my confidence cave in. And it takes everything in Error's will power not to scream at her. It's funny how I'm acting like the coward, and Error looks as if he wants to punch her square in the face.

"Ink isn't supposed to make ANYTHING if he hadn't had his vials. And you-Error-you didn't even destroy the AU properly." She says, leaning back into the chair, finished dishing out explanation. Even if it wasn't an explanation at all.

"He didn't need vials before to make AU's!"