Soulless

The Destroyer

I didn't know how much I appreciated the silence until it was disrupted.I didn't know how much I appreciated the silence until it was disrupted. The dragging footsteps that into the, what I assumed was, an empty corridor. The chains around my wrists hang my arms up against the wall, but I'm sure that this won't prevent my strings from also ensnaring whoever is about to walk in. But I don't know if I was necessarily ready for this.

But then again who was I expecting to see on the other side of the door?

Well, it certainly wasn't Ink. And even better, an unconscious Ink being held up by another Sans. "Ink! What did you do to him?" I ask, trying to mask my panic to sound more demanding. The other Sans just proceeds to drag Ink into the cell. But even in the poor light, I am able to get a good look at him. And when I do I realize he is not the Sans of the original universe, or any that I am actually familiar with.

The bone around his left eye, the one that usually glows when his powers are activated, is melted. The liquid bone dripping down the cheek. Also when he begins to chain Ink up against the wall next to me, there are glitches around him when he moves. I try to move around, my hands still bound to the wall, to get a better look.

"What AU are you from?" Asking, hoping to get any answers from him. The Sans slowly turns is head from the chains, to me. A blank look is all he shows, along with pitch black eye sockets. The dead silence caves in around us. He acts as if he heard me, but either doesn't know or doesn't care to respond.

"What do you want with us?" I question, hoping that he just doesn't leave us, well I guess just me, without answers. He continues to stare at me in silence, almost dead to my questions.  The only response he gives is a tilt to the head and a slow turn towards the door. The glitchy Sans takes slow steps to the door, almost dragging himself as he leaves.

What in the multiverse is going on? "Hey, where are you going?" I shout, trying to prevent him from leaving us alone. But before I could get anything to change, he closes the heavy metal door with a heavy slam. Now it is just me and an unconscious Ink.

What happened to him? He was supposed to see Fate, and then he shows up being dragged by a zombie Sans. Wait. He was going to see Fate. Did Fate bring us here? How would that even be possible? Then again, I don't know how I got here. I don't know who that Sans was. Is he being controlled by Fate.

Panic continues to overwhelm my mind and soul. I can't be stuck in this cell anymore alone with my thoughts. "Ink. Ink, wake up!" I say, trying to get over to him, but the chains aren't long enough. 

But thankfully my persistence slowly wakes Ink up.