Fate is a Double Sided Sword

I continue to stay seated as she walks in. Her appearance is more business like than her sister's. But then again, I met Destiny in some sort of garden, not an office.

She pushes up the square glasses on her face. And her pompousness seems a little extra. Her hair is formed on a tight bun on the back of her head. She takes the appearance of a strict human school teacher, and it makes me a little uncomfortable. I straighten my dirty glasses a little. She folds her hands on the desk, and I try to sit up a little straighter.

For an Ethereal being, she sure takes pride in her social image. And I can figure that out before she even says a word. I guess Fate has everything planned out, where as Destiny tries to fulfill your ever changing dreams. It's actually kind of funny how contradictory their personalities are for being sisters. But then again, Ink and I had pretty opposing personalities in the beginning. Before he lost his soul.

"So Error, why are you here?" She asks in a cold tone. She doesn't seem pleased with me interrupting her schedule. But I did have an appointment. I check my cracked watch, the hands do say I am on time. Is this wristwatch broken? I check it with the wall clock. They are synced. "Um, I came here to talk to you about Ink." I stumble through saying.

That seems to peak her attention. Her glasses slip down her nose a little as she angles her gaze down upon me. "What about him?" She asks. I can hear how highly she thinks of my opposite. "He appears to have...lost his soul." I try to get out. Of course she looks at me with disbelief. "Error, I know things for you have been...difficult lately. But that is no reason to give me lies to get attention."

I slowly blink. I try not to start shouting in frustration, but instead start thinking of ways to explain. "I saw with my own eyes, that his soul was gone." I say again, gesturing with my hands. She looks at me like I am a lost cause. "Error, when me and my sister made you, we knew these kinds of things could happen." She says openly. "There were a lot of...issues, that we faced. After we had pulled Ink from his universe we knew that we were messing with the forces of the Multiverse." She says, tapping her red nails on the desk.

"We needed something that would keep all of that in balance." She says, pushing up her glasses with one perfectly polished nail. "So we took some code and mashed it together, making the closest possible replica to Ink." I take a shaky breath, hoping this wasn't going where it was going.

"Error, that poorly mashed up replica of coding...was you." I gripped the arm rests of the chair. I kept my head down. I knew what she was trying to do.

Get under my skin.