Soon

The Destroyer

This is another thing that I didn't really like. Waking up. The feeling of your body having to restart and register where you are. Then, trying to remember what had happened previously to your nap is almost painful. I lift my right arm over my eyes, trying to dampen the dull throbbing in my head.

And after doing that, I realize that it didn't really hurt. In the darkness of the room, wherever this room maybe, I lifted my arm in front of my face. It is completely healed from the burns. I quickly sit up, which mind you, wasn't the best idea.

I almost fall back down, but I prop myself up with my arm. I try to push myself back, now resting against the headboard of the...bed? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what this is. I pull up the sleeve of my jacket on my right arm, and just like I had thought, the burns were gone.

After a moment of thinking I decided to take off my jacket, or at least try to. Checking my left side to make sure that it still wasn't falling apart. And from what I can tell, everything seems to be almost completely healed. But why whom? I know Ink doesn't have enough magic to heal anyone right now. I continue to think as I put my jacket on once more, allowing myself to become lost in thought.

Why did he even take me anywhere to get healed? Is he just going to use this as leverage against me? I subconsciously pull a pillow over my lap, slowly pulling at one of the strings. Even fiddling with something that resembles the blue threads helps me calm down a little.

Even if Ink does have a motive for helping me...I'm pretty sure that I would at least try to help him. I know now that, there probably isn't any way for him to get his memories back, but I can at least try to give him a soul. I rest my hands on top of the pillow, tired of all the conflicting thoughts in my head.

But any coherent decisions I was trying to make is suddenly disrupted by the opening of a door. The golden light streams through the widening crack, and soon a figure appears. "It seems that you have awaken early." Toriel exclaims quietly. I try to sit up more, cautious of anything that she might say. "Here I brought some pie for you, it seems that Ink is still asleep." She says, making her way through the door.

She walks over quietly to the lamp right next time and turns it on. I take the plate from her, grateful for anything to recover my HP. "How is Ink doing?" I ask, not yet touching the food on the plate. Toriel's expression goes from happy to concerned in just mere seconds. "He refused to tell me what had happened before he fell asleep." She says, although she tries to hide the irritation in her voice, I can tell it's there.

I nod, well knowing now that she didn't just come in here to see if I was asleep. "I just need to make sure that you weren't the one to hurt him." She says, taking one step closer to me. "No, it wasn't me. If anything he just is sick," I try to explain, slightly panicking at the thought that she assumed that I had done this.

"Sick?" She asks, her concern increasing. "Yes, but I think I know a way to fix it." I say, holding the plate of pie tightly. All I need right now is for her to believe me, please. She takes her time responding, to instead cross her arms. "If you do know a way to heal him, you must. I don't know how much longer he can hold up on his own." She says tiredly.

He must have gotten sick again. I put the plate on the nightstand and toss the pillow off my lap. I try to get up quickly, and maybe that wasn't the best idea. Stumbling forward off the bed, I make my way to the door. Toriel doesn't try to stop me, mainly because I assume that she knows that I can help. Not this very second, but soon.

Hopefully very soon.