A Sleeping Soul

The Creator

I woke up with a groggy start that morphed into panicking alarm. Forgetting where I was, sent me into a spasm. But after a few moments of evaluating where I was, I could finally remember why I had fallen asleep. After Error went down to rest I had decided I should too, mainly so I could open a portal for us both, without...complications.

"Error, we should probably go now." I advise to his sleeping form. I'm not sure of how long we have been out, but I can assume it may be longer than I expected. But who can tell? This place seems to be outside of time.

He doesn't move. "Come on, Error." I say a little louder, expecting at least a reaction out of him. But after a few moments, I can sense that something is wrong. He isn't waking up. I rush over, hoping that he is at least alive. He looks completely out of it. I massage the bridge of my non existent nose in frustration. What now?

I need him conscious because he knows who has been collecting all these souls. And there must be a reason why. I don't have time to waste. I get to Error's non injured side and open a portal. The sudden use of energy wares me down more than I had expected. I look over at an unconscious Error, the effort that helping him is going to take is great. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to help him, and that makes me wonder...why?

Why do I even want to go to the effort to help my mortal enemy. So what if he has ties to someone who has been harboring souls, why would I go through all these great lengths get him help. Maybe...I hope that they can help me too. The sense of familiarity of the situation brings another question into light? Why do I feel like this has happened before, but this time, things are going to get much worse?

I try to carefully prop Error against my side, cautious of his injuries. Once we are both upright, my legs start to treble. And taking the first step almost has me falling forward. I feel Error's head lull forward, his soul starting to beat erratically. The second and third step into the portal take enough energy out of me. And soon enough we are in the Ruins.

The person with the most experience in healing magic is Toriel, and what can be better than the original? Standing in the bed of flowers, I realize how far away her house is from here. If only I had gotten closer. But I guess being weak in the magic department doesn't leave me with many choices.

I try to be careful with holding up Error, but the added weight starts to drag me down. And making through the once entertaining puzzles now feel like a chore. But soon enough we reach Toriel's home, I just hope we can get this done before...

Before the human falls.