Empty Eyes

The Creator

It was the first time that the Sans spoke. His voice sounding like audio that was being played on a scratched record. The way he walked looked as if his body was trying to execute an order. Moving one foot in front of the other. And was failing.

He led the way through the darkened corridors, not allowing Error and I fall too far behind. For when we do, it is the length of chain that yanks us forward. And at this point I don't know what to do. Should I try to escape? This chains look to be just forged out of metal. I feel the power of the red vial continue to course through my entire being.

I place a hand over my heart, expecting to feel the sash of replenishing power. But with my luck, it isn't there. Just as soon as I had gotten them back, they were gone again. The Sans must have taken them while I was unconscious.

Or Error.

I roll my head, cracking my neck. The subtle move allows for me to get a better view of the surroundings. But there is no difference between any of the hallways. I should have been counting the turns we make as we are led through the labyrinth.

But then again, why would I need to go back to that holding cell anyway.

Error must have picked up on my irritation, cause he continues to shoot side glances my way. I don't know if he is still...sensitive about my accusations. The accusations that he could be working with this corrupted Sans.

But I don't really care.

"Where are you taking us?" Error questions the Sans, with slight irritation in his voice. I can't tell if it is directed towards me or the Sans. As soon as Error speaks the Sans glitches. The blur and glitch of his image looks suspiciously close to Error's.

Just another reason for me to be suspicious.

"Hey carbon copy, it's rude to not answer when being spoken to." I shoot back, tired of being led into the dark. There is no change in pace, but he does cough up a response.

"ThAts NoT fOr yOu tO WorRy aBoUt."

One line.

And it wasn't even helpful.

"Um well, I started worrying when a corrupted Sans decided to drag me around in chains." I snap back, not able to contain the sudden urge to just get answers out of him. It would be easier to just have him tell us, but I can feel the energy at my fingertips if I need to do anything more...

He stops.

Holding the chains in his hands, he faces us. Error surprised at both my decisive negotiation and the response I got from it. There was a moment a silence. A moment that allowed for me to uncomfortably stare deep into his hollow eyes.

Before I could try to press more of a response out of him he slams his fist into the stone wall next to him. I hear the splintering crack ebb through the wall. Me and Error stare at him with shocked confusion, while this Sans keeps a blank expression all the way through.

And within seconds the stone melts away into a perfect portal...made of glitches of code.

The same portal I was pulled through.