The Souless

The Creator

I used to love the feeling of having a blank page in front of me. But now all I have surrounding me are crumpled up sketches. And all attempts to start something new is frustrating. My mind groans at the thought of trying, when that spark of creativity used to excite me.

That's when I know I have to take a vial. A vial of emotions. What used to be the medium which I made my art now gives me enough energy to create. After being fueled by the extraction of pure emotion, I feel more balanced. A little more full.

My hands hold a colored pencil next to this new blank sheet of paper. I don't even know where to start anymore. It has been years since I started having this problem. It happened around the same time I had confronted Error in the True Lab. And that can't be a coincidence. I don't even remember why I was down their in the first place. Something about...never mind.

I absentmindedly start scratching at the paper with the sharpened pencil. The soothing relief of normalcy. I start drawing random lines as I try to remember why I was down in the True Lab anyway. Lines become shape, and shapes become pictures. Pictures of machines and random symbols. A creative idea, but not very helpful with my search for answers. I set the pencil down and crush the paper with my hands, again.

I'm not closer to finding Error, especially now that he has hidden where he resonates. His home dimension is hidden from all of my maps. And the other AU's I keep in contact with hasn't seen him in their dimension. Even Aftertale, which appears to be the AU where Error visits the most. Where could he be?

I lean back in my chair, head resting on the back of it. My sight is angled towards my ceiling. The rush of emotion starts to fade. My spontaneous inspiration to draw starts to fade. But at least now I feel a little more calm. I get up out of the chair, and leave the attempt to draw behind.

I have definitely added a lot more decorations to my room the last few years. Whether it be paintings I've done or gifts I've revived, they fill every single surface in this place. The Doodle-Sphere.

I take a seat on my bed, the hand made quilt is made up of many different colored shirts I've had through the years. It is honestly the coolest thing I have made. The faded wooden frame is battered with many different colors of splattered paint. Almost like everything else in this Dimension. I lay down on top of the bed, wondering how I've gotten so tired. I try to keep my eyes open, because I know how much naps mess with my sleep schedule.

A faint echo of a headache rests on the back of my skull. I don't have time for this. All of this pressure of protecting all the AU's is starting to get to me. I haven't been able to create in a while, and it seems to be taking its toll. But I know the source of my headache. Error. Once I can reason with him, or at least prevent him from his destructive ways, then I shouldn't feel so on edge all the time.

Or at least I hope.