Gateway to the Soul

The Destroyer

This wasn't a normal situation for me. I have never really had the chance to talk to anyone besides Sans in this universe. And...I'm not sure what to say next. But that doesn't matter,
because I think Ink is waking up. Gripping the armrest on the chair tightly, I watch Ink shift on the couch.

Toriel moves closer to him as she picks up on him waking. She sits on the floor, next to his head, still resting on the pillow. It takes a couple moments for his eye lights to start glowing. Nervousness grows inside of me. Mainly due to the anxiousness caused by uncertainty. How is Ink going to feel once he wakes up? How am I going to be able to tell him I could help him?

Would he even believe me?

All my panic starts rising at alarming rates, all because I notice something is...off. The eyes, aren't his? Bleeding red lights stare up at the ceiling. I stand up, removing my stiff hands from the armrests. "Ink, how are you feeling?" Toriel asks, ignoring me coming closer to her and Ink. I want to step away from the empty shell of Ink, but I want to take him with me. Almost be able to pull the actual Ink out of himself.

But I think someone already did that.

He sends no response to the motherly figure, but that doesn't mean he didn't move. He stiffly sits up, eyes unfocused and face crafted into a blank expression. For someone who is always full of energy it's weird seeing him so...empty. But that makes sense for the, situation. His red eyes start bouncing back and forth between me and Toriel.

"Ink, what are you doing?" I ask, defensively, not used to this Ink. With an observant look in his eyes, he turns in my direction. The glitching voice seems to pull the attention closer to myself, like a magnet. Trying to force a shiver from running up my spine, Toriel speaks again. "Are you alright?"

"Where is it?" Ink asks, his vibrant red eyes staring back into mine. The question cultivates my panic. What kind of question is that? What is he talking about? "What are you looking for?" I say, trying to sound annoyed to cover any fear. But some of that anxiety leaks out. And he notices.

"You have it." He says, the sternness in his voice almost sounding like anger. "Ink, I don't have anything." I say holding out my hands, to prove that I really do have nothing. And as a warning. He gets off the couch with a hard and quick push, walking right past Toriel. I step back, not wanting to face anything that Ink wants to give me. Or take from me.

"Of course you-" he says with true violence in his voice. But it is quickly cut off by the sudden shaking in the floor. The quickness and severity of the quaking sending us both to the ground. With a sense of urgency, I cover my head. But uncertainty causes me to try to push towards, Ink...

for his eye lights just went out.