haechan - dinner

word count : 578

-

"do you even know what to do?" you peered over haechan's shoulder. he held his phone in one hand and tongs in the other.

"the recipe is literally right here on my screen, y/n. i'm sure i know what i'm doing," haechan replied. your arms were wrapped around his waist and you stood on the balls of your feet. he flipped a piece of steak and continued reading.

"i think you set it too hot," you expressed your opinion. "and there's not a lot of butter."

"sweetie, it's fine," haechan reassured you. then, he put his phone down on the counter and grabbed the handle to another pan that had potatoes in it.

you let go of him and walked to a cabinet with dishes inside. "i still think you need to put more butter in the pan," you commented and grabbed two plates from from a shelf. you placed the plates next to the stove. glancing over at haechan, you grabbed the salt and pepper grinder and held it in front of him.

"oh, right. thanks sweetie," haechan responded and took the grinder.

"i'm going to go change. i'll be right back," you said to him.

"okay," haechan responded.

you left the kitchen and walked to the bedroom. you opened the door and walked in. then, you grabbed a pair of shorts and stole one of haechan's shirts from the dresser and changed into them. you threw your other clothes in the hamper and started to fix your hair.

but then, you started to smell something from outside since the door was still open. you heard something crash into the sink and the faucet turn on. "aw man, come on!" haechan yelled.

"haechan? is everything okay?" you asked him. you quickly fixed your hair into a messy bun and headed out. you closed the door behind you and noticed smoke coming from the kitchen. then, the smoke detector started going off. "haechan!" you ran in and saw haechan at the sink with a hand on the faucet. "what happened?" you asked and grabbed a chair.

"the steaks may or may not have caught in fire and started burning once you left," haechan spoke with a sigh. you stood on the chair and turned the smoke detector off. then, you got down and put the chair back while haechan opened the windows. "do we still have take-out menus somewhere?" he asked you.

you nodded, "they're by the fridge. i'm going to open the back door." you said and proceeded to open the door that led to the back porch. haechan turned the faucet off and turned the stove off. you saw him open a menu while you threw away the burnt steaks. you walked to the stove and saw the potatoes still on the stove, cooked to perfection. you grabbed a fork from a drawer and stabbed a potato. you blew on it so it would cool down and took a bite. the potatoes were delicious.

haechan had called a restaurant and looked at the menu, "yea, that'd be great," he spoke while leaning against the fridge. you grabbed another piece of potato and went over to him.

"try it," you said to him. he took a bite and smiled.

"okay, thank you so much. bye." haechan hung up and put the menu back on the counter. "that's really good," he commented.

"at least you cooked one thing right," you said and both of you laughed.