doyoung - school dance

word count : 939

-

the night was supposed to be so much for you, but here you were, sitting in the cafeteria drinking water while people danced in the school gym.

-

"i'm not coming tonight, and i don't think the others are either. i'm so sorry, y/n," one of your friends said to you over the phone as you walked into the school building.

-

you put your bottle of water down on the table and sighed. people from your school walked in and out of the cafeteria to get drinks and snacks while you sat at one of the many tables.

i guess i should just leave, there's no point of being here anymore...

you stood up and drank the rest of your water before throwing the now empty bottle in a nearby trash can. then, you headed towards the doors to leave the cafeteria.

"y/n?" you looked up and saw some of your classmates. "damn! it is you! why didn't you tell us you were coming tonight?" yuta asked.

"oh, i'm about to leave, actually," you said to him and his friends.

"no way, you're not walking home alone. you're hanging with us," johnny said.

you were taken back into the cafeteria by your classmates and sat down at a table in one of the corners of the cafeteria.

all of the guys were having fun and laughing together while you sat with them. you stayed quiet as you listened to their conversations, crossing your arms at one point since the ac kicked in.

doyoung leaned in towards you, "are you cold?" he asked.

you turned your head towards him and nodded, "yea, i'm really cold."

"here," he took his jacket off and put it over your shoulders. "you want to go outside? i think it's a little warmer out there," he offered.

you nodded again, "sure."

both of you stood up, "hey, we'll be back. don't go anyway," doyoung said to your classmates and both of you left the cafeteria through one of the emergency exits. "oh, damn, it got colder," doyoung said when you two exited. "should we go back in?" he asked.

"i could use a break from all of the loudness," you said to him, "you can go back in if you want."

"no, i'll stay here with you," he said. "i thought you weren't coming tonight? you usually don't come to these."

"originally, i wasn't coming," you replied.

"then why are you here?" he asked.

"some of my friends wanted me to come but they ended up not coming," you shortly explained.

"what? that's so rude," doyoung replied.

"it's fine, i was about to go home, but everyone wanted me to stay," you said to him.

"i can bring you home. i drove here," he offered.

"are you sure?" you asked, not wanting to bother him.

"yea, i wouldn't want you to walk home alone," he said and looked at his watch. "it's getting—"

the emergency exit door slammed open, "yo doyoung! come on! we're ditching this place and going to lucas's house!" jungwoo exclaimed.

"come on," doyoung said to you and both of you walked back into the school. "i thought we were crashing at jaehyun's?" he questioned.

"my parents came back early," jaehyun spoke up from the table.

"lucas said he isn't doing anything right now, and his parents are on a business trip, so that's why we're going to his," winwin mentioned. "y/n, want to come with us?" he asked you and all of the guys looked at you.

"oh, i should go home," you replied, "thank you for the invite though."

"i'm talking her home, i'll meet you guys there," doyoung said to his friends. "don't do anything stupid."

"rude ass mother—"

mark had put his hand over taeyong's mouth to stop the latter from finishing his sentence.

"come on, let's just get to lucas's," taeil spoke up.

you and doyoung left the cafeteria and the school building. you two walked into one of the parking lots and doyoung unlocked his car as you two approached his car. he opened the passenger side door for you.

"oh, thank you," you said to him and got into his car.

"yup," he closed the door and went around to get into the driver's seat. both of you fastened the seat belts and doyoung started up his car. music started to blare from the sound system, and doyoung immediately turned it down, "sorry, i had some of the guys with me before we came here so the music was up."

"it's okay," you said and he drove out of the parking lot.

doyoung drove away from the school and towards the neighborhood that both of you live in.

"you doing anything this weekend?" he asked while driving.

"me? i'm getting my car back from the shop, so i'm going to go buy some stuff," you mentioned as doyoung drove into your neighborhood.

"oh nice," he replied and turned onto your street. he drove some more and reached your house. "see you monday?" he asked when he parked his car in front of your house.

you unfastened the seatbelt, "maybe i'll see you sooner than that. i'm studying tomorrow if you want to hang out," you mentioned to him. "here's your jacket," you said and took his jacket off. you handed it to him, but he shook his head.

"keep it till tomorrow. it looks good on ya," he said and smiled at you.

you got out of his car and waved with a smile, "bye."

"see you later," he replied and you closed the door to his car before watching him drive away.