mark - roommate

word count : 733

-

finally...home...

you entered your shared apartment and immediately sighed out of relief. another bad day of work was finally over.

you took your shoes off and hung your coat on the coat rack.

"oh hey, y/n," you heard your roommate, mark speak. you looked over and saw him sitting on the couch in the living room.

"hey," you spoke and walked in. "is there any food in the fridge?" you asked him. most of the times you two ordered take-out because both of you usually got home late.

"no, i already ordered take-out," he answered and changed the channel on the tv. "you can have some," he offered.

"no, i'll order my own," you said.

"it's okay, i ordered a lot anyways," he insisted. "it'll be here in a few minutes."

"okay. thank you, mark," you said. he smiled and nodded his head. you headed to your room and immediately dropped your backpack on your bed. you changed out of an itchy dress and changed into some shorts and a sweater. then, you headed back out and saw mark at the door.

"thank you so much," he spoke and closed the door. he turned around and saw you, "food's here." he mentioned and held up a paper bag in his hand.

both of you went into the living room and sat on the couch. mark put the food on the table and gave you chopsticks, "thank you."

"no problem. eat whatever you want," he said and opened a can of soda. "you want anything to drink?" he asked.

you shook your head, "no. thanks though." you two started eating with the tv playing a random tv show.

"i take it that you had a rough day today?" mark asked. you nodded your head. "oof, i'm sorry."

"it's fine, i just have to redo a few articles. i'm surprised that i didn't quit on the spot. i'm sick of my boss and my team members," you sighed and ate some noodles. "you would think that my work would be good since i do almost everything for my group, but i guess it isn't."

"i'm sure it'll get better. if not, can you transfer somewhere else?" mark asked.

you shrugged your shoulders, "if i want to transfer, then it'll have to have the same pay as i do right now, which will be difficult to find. most of the money i earn is to cover the rent," you mentioned and ran a hand through your hair. then you leaned back and groaned, "but i'd probably be so much happier."

"yah," mark lightly punched your arm. "you should have told me if you were tight for cash. i could've helped out more."

"but then i feel bad about it!" you responded.

mark crossed his legs and faced you, "how about i see if there's any positions at my job? i'm sure they need someone helping with articles and our website. i'm sure i can get you an interview next week."

you looked at him, "really? you'll do that for me?"

"of course!" he smiled. you immediately reached over and attacked him with a hug, thankful that his drink didn't spill. he hugged you back and you heard him put his drink down. you looked up at him and realized the awkward position you two were in.

"oh, sorry," you tried to get up but mark's arms didn't move. you looked at him again and stared at him.

mark blushed. he sat up a bit and let you go, "sorry." you sat back on the cushion next to him and the tv show took over the room. you two were silent with each other for a few minutes. "oh, what the hell," mark suddenly spoke up and you looked at him. he leaned in and kissed you on the lips.

he grabbed you by the waist and pulled you into another hug. you wrapped your arms around his neck. once he stopped kissing you, you pressed your forehead against his. it was still awkward but cute. "so, um, do you like to cuddle?" you nervously asked with a laugh.

"uh duh, cuddling is the best," mark answered. he pulled you down and nestled you on top of him. you rested your head underneath his chin. "you free tomorrow night?"

"yea, why?"

"so i can take you out on a date, silly," he laughed.