yangyang - rainy day

word count : 498

-

"it's really pouring out there," you commented while sliding open the door to your balcony, the sound of rain became more audible. you stepped out and looked at the gray sky. "it looks like it's going to rain for a while," you said and turned around to look at your boyfriend, who was in the kitchen of your apartment making ramen.

"forcast didn't say anything when i checked before i left my dorm," yangyang replied and opened the carton of eggs on the counter next to him, "how many eggs?"

"three? that sounds good enough," you said to him.

"you got it," he replied and started to crack eggs open, allowing the raw egg to plop into the boiling broth.

you picked up a pot that held a plant and held it over the railing so it could be watered by the rain. you repeated the same actions for the rest of your plants and sat down on one of the chairs that you had set up.

"food's done! are we eating out there?" yangyang asked from the kitchen.

"why not?" you replied. he stepped out and onto the balcony with a pit in his hands. he placed the pot down on the table you had set up, which had a newspaper in between so the table wouldn't get too hot.

you went back into your apartment and grabbed drinks and utensils for both of you. you walked back onto the balcony and placed everything on the table, and yangyang started eating the ramen.

"it looks good," you said and cracked open your water bottle. then, you picked up your chopsticks and started eating. "this is fun, we should do this more when it rains," you said to him.

he nodded with a smile on his face, "yea."

both of you continued eating and finished rather quickly.

"i'll clean up. go find something to watch," you said to him while both of you stood up. you held the pot by its handles.

"okay." yangyang folded up the chairs and the table before going inside and jumping over the couch to lay down.

you walked back into your apartment and brought the pot to the kitchen. you cleaned it out in the sink and let it dry on the counter. then, you went back onto the balcony and grabbed the empty water bottles. you went inside and slid the door shut before throwing the water bottles away.

"have we watched this show yet?" yangyang asked as you walked into the living room. you looked at the tv screen and saw that he had pulled up a show with roughly twenty episodes.

"no, we haven't," you answered and sat down on the couch next to him. he sat up and moved so he was next to you. he put his arm over your shoulders as he started the show while you cuddled up against him. "i love you," you said to him.

yangyang kissed your cheek, "i love you more."