taeyong - airport

word count : 502

-

the cabin lights of the airplane turned on and you yawned. you unfastened the seatbelt and stood up. people hurried to get out of the plane. once there weren't as many people, you grabbed your backpack and took your suitcase out of the overhead compartment. then, you exited the plane while checking your phone.

01:45 am

messages
one notification

you unlocked your phone while walking through the airport. you skipped to the next song on one of your playlists. as you walked, you received another text message.

[ taeyong ]
i'm here >.<

💕

[ y/n ]
💕

you turned the screen off and put your phone in your hoodie pocket. you walked through the almost empty airport along with other passengers and flight crew before exiting the terminal.

you yawned again and rubbed your eyes with the sleeve of your hoodie. a few people were waiting and you looked at them to find a familiar face. you walked up to taeyong, who was leaning against a pillar and looking down at his phone. he wore a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie with a beanie, probably to cover up his messy hair. you walked up to him and let go of your suitcase to hug him.

"woah, hello there, cutie," taeyong put his phone in his pocket and tightly hugged you back. "did you have a good flight?" you nodded your head and he chuckled while rubbing your back. he knew that you were really sleepy and knew that you wanted to go to leave. "okay, let's get you out of here." he said and you both stopped hugging.

"i'm so sleepy," you quietly spoke.

"i can tell," taeyong said and grabbed your suitcase for you. with his free hand, he held your hand and both of you walked out of the airport. his car was parked nearby and taeyong opened the trunk. "put your backpack in here," he said and you did so. he kissed your forehead, "go sit up front."

you nodded and walked to the passenger seat door. you opened the door and got in. then, you closed the door and put your seatbelt on. once taeyong put your suitcase and backpack in the trunk, he sat in the driver's seat and started up the car.

"are you hungry?" he asked and started driving out of the airport parking lot.

"mhm," you responded and turned your music off.

"i have some food at the dorm. do you want to spend the night?" he asked. you did your best to rest your head on your shoulder. "baby, do you want to spend the night?"

"sure," you responded.

"lay your seat back, your neck is gonna kill you by the time we get to the dorm," taeyong said to you but you had already closed your eyes. he chuckled and shook his head while driving onto the highway. "hey cutie," he called out.

"that's me." you managed to speak.

"i love you."

"i love you more hot stuff."

he chuckled again, "whatever you say, cutie."