lucas - end of the day

word count : 547

-

"thank you all for working hard. all of you should head home for the night. i'll see you guys tomorrow," your supervisor said to you and your coworkers. once your supervisor left the office, everyone immediately grabbed their belongings and headed out of the office.

"man, i've been racking so much overtime this month," one of your coworkers sighed while loosening his tie.

"seriously, this deadline has been horrible on us and our schedules. i was supposed to get off two hours ago," another coworker said as everyone entered the elevator.

"it'll be over soon. afterwards, we should all get barbecue together," another coworker suggested.

"that sounds so good."

"yea, we should," you spoke up.

"i'm down for it."

the elevator doors opened again and everyone walked out.

"huh? who's that?" one of your coworkers asked while pointing.

everyone looked outside and you immediately recognized lucas, who was leaning against a pole and looking away.

"lucas?" you questioned.

"you know him?" one of your coworkers asked.

you nodded, "that's my boyfriend."

"you have a boyfriend?!" a coworker yelled as you guys walked out of the building.

"what? no way!" another coworker yelled.

you ignored them and went up to lucas, who turned his head to face you. "babe," he stood up straight and pulled you into his arms.

"what are you doing here?" you asked and hugged him back.

"you said you were getting off earlier but you didn't call me. i got worried," he answered in concern as you two stopped hugging.

"i thought i texted you back. maybe i didn't press the button by accident," you said to him. "i'm sorry for worrying you."

"it's fine. i didn't want you to walk home alone anyways," he said and held your hand.

you nodded, "okay. let's go then."

"um, shouldn't you say bye to them?" he pointed behind you.

you turned around and saw your coworkers standing together. "guys, go home!" you yelled at them.

"it must be nice to be in love."

"i need to get myself a boyfriend."

"we should just go clubbing instead."

"i said go home!" you yelled at them again and your coworkers started leaving. "let's get out of here," you said to lucas.

he chuckled, "okay." the two of you walked hand-in-hand. "are you tired?" he asked.

you nodded, "mhm, i am."

"then we should hurry and get you home," he said and you walked around the corner.

"wow, i really have the best boyfriend in the world," you said and pecked his cheek. "thank you, lucas."

"anything for you," he said and you guys talked about your days until you reached your house.

"thank you for walking me home," you said to him.

"of course," he smiled at you. you walked up the steps leading to your front dorm while lucas put his hands in his pocket. "huh?"

you unlocked the door and peeked over your shoulder, "what's wrong?" you asked.

"my key to the dorm is missing," he said and checked his pockets. "oh come on man! all of the guys went out..." he groaned in frustration. then, he looked at you, "can we go cuddle?" he asked.

you laughed and opened the door, "come on in."

"yay," lucas cheered and followed you into your house.