20 - New leaf

Abhi's pov

An ordinary morning that's what I felt like. Time was around eight, after coming back from gym I was standing at balcony simply watching the morning view. That's when I heard Aira talking to someone through her phone from her room's balcony. Since both our rooms balconies are so close we could hear and see eachother

" Are you sure about it ? Don't change your word once I come to collage and I see Pragya mam there. " My attention fell on her conversation only because I heard Pragya's name.

" Man.....I haven't even started to type then what report ? It almost slipped from my mind. Pragya mam is so strict with her assignments. If it won't submit properly she will tore into two pieces. "

" Anyways now I am relieved. She won't come to college today. That itself is a big thing . Wait let me confirm this news first ..." Aira cut the call and started to call someone else.

I frowned my eyebrows hearing that . Pragya is not going to college today ? I sharpened my ears little more and spied on Aira.

" Then where is Aarush and Aaryan  ? " I think she is calling Pragya. Conversation wasn't that much clear because she walked inside her room. I stomped my feet and stood there disappointed. But later I saw Aira again coming out from her room all happy.

" What happened to you from this morning itself ? You are not going to get ready for college ? " I stood all serious like a strict father and asked to her.

" Yes... I am going but not in a rush. First period is free so there is lots of time dad... " She replied while messaging to someone.

" Actually Pragya mam is on sick leave today... "

"What ? Pragya is sick ? And you are saying this now ? " I was like I will jump from balcony that instant hearing that Pragya is sick.

" uff come on dad.... don't overreact like this. I just get to know about it now. " She replied giving me an unbelievable look.

" So tell me , what happened to her ? She is not taking my calls then how can I ask about her. Where she is sick ? " I asked panickly

" She said it's just a viral fever. That's why she took leave. After taking some good rest she will be fine. I hope so..... She won't go to hospital and that two boys they are not at home " Aira passed all information she knows to me.

" Where those two lads went leaving their mom in this condition " I asked

" They went for school tour from yesterday evening. They they will be back by tomorrow morning. I think she wouldn't have told them otherwise they won't go leaving their mother in this condition. " Aira replied.

" Dad.... " Suddenly Aira yelled at me making me little startled

" What ? " I asked why she yelled at me.

" Where is your phone ? " She asked still in that annoying voice.

" Inside my room why ? " I was confused why she is shouting at me for my phone.

" Then go and take it. Your favourite Purab is messaging me ask you to take your phone. He was trying on it for hours " Aira said and went back to her room stomping her feet.

I came back and took my phone to call Purab. Nothing new... He wanted to discuss about my today's schedule and important meetings which already made me worn out. I somehow made him agree to handle them for two days as I have other commitments.

I quickly went for a quick bath and got ready to leave. I dressed up neither casually nor formally. My jeans, shirt and a normal blazer. Let this opportunity be like a healing process. I left from home all happy  way to my healing center, none other than Pragya's house. Also stopped at two places to buy something for her.