4 - A friend

Writer's pov

Pragya looked around and saw an empty faculty room. She looked at the clock and time was already past five. Everyone left and no one even bothered to call her. She collected her bag and books that took from the library to prepare notes for tomorrow.

She wanted to visit someone special before heading back to home. Pragya found a pastry shop and brought some pastries for that special person and caught a rickshaw. It stopped right infront of a huge multi speciality hospital in Mumbai. Stepping out from rikshaw Pragya went straight to reception.

" Dr Rajeev Roy " Pragya enquired at enquiries section.

" Sorry mam appointments for Dr Roy is already completed. You can book for tomorrow " a girl replied.

" No.... not an appointment. I want to know whether he is here. I am his friend wants to meet that's all " Pragya replied.

" Yes mam he is in his room. Go straight first left last room.
Room no 19. " That girl gave all instructions very clearly and Pragya strided towards the room no 19.

" Doctor in " she read the board and chuckled softly. Correcting her throat she tapped on the door for couple of times and made an entry into his room.

" Surprise.... " Pragya shouted raising the pastry cover but there wasn't anyone inside the room. Her smile began to fade slowly and she put her hands down.

" Surprise..... " Making Pragya jumped from the floor Rajeev shouted and lift her from back just with his one hand.

" You lose weight again ? " Putting her down he asked with a frowned face.

" You were checking my weight by lifting from back ? You scared me ... What if I would have get heart attack ?" Pragya yelled.

" Heart attack occurs only on those have heart not heartless witch like you " he mocked Pragya to make her angry.

" Huh... What did you said ? How dare you.... " Pragya kicked on his front of leg with her heels making him jump wincing in pain.

" As your age is increasing you are becoming more childish Pragya. Sit there.... " He sat on his chair while rubbing his leg and Pragya sat opposite to him.

" How did you know that I am here ? " Pragya asked

" I got phone from front desk. If a friend is coming to meet me then it has to be you because I don't have any other friends to come and meet me " Rajeev replied.

" You didn't bring me anything " he began look at the covers she brought.

" Here ..... Your favourite pastries. " She kept his pastries on table for him.

" Oh..... Again pastries ? " he made a sad face and didn't show much interest.

" Then you don't have to eat. I will give it to my kids." Pragya closed the box and snatched he spoon from him.

'' Sorry..... sorry..... I wanted make you mad girl. You look cute when you are angry." He said and took a scoop of cake from the box

" So ..... Everything is settled ? You joined at college ? " Rajeev enquired while eating cake.

" Yes.... Settling wasn't much tough. Thanks to you. House was cleaned when we came and it's good. I like the neighborhood and all. Kids also like it. " Pragya replied with a smile.

" Talking about your little kids....how are they ? " he was mocking her for still calling them as kids.

" Better. ... Even though both whined a bit at starting later it becomes normal. Aaryan was worried about his studies and Aarush was crying because he has to leave that racing friends. Thinking about that it's good I didn't stay there for long. His craze for race was getting increased day by day. " Pragya said in a worried tone. She grabbed another spoon from side and dig it into a butterscotch cake. Rajeev quickly smacked on her hands with his spoon not allowing Pragya to eat.